Trouble setting up Amanero with I2S PCM 24Bit 384KHZ DAC

Sorry if I am spamming but i couldn't find the right thread.

I am very new to building DACs so when i saw that someone on my local market was selling a knock-off soekris DAC ( the dac accepts 4-wire I2S and is supposed to support sampling rates up to 24 bit PCM384KHZ) I thought to myself why not just give it a shot.
First off I tested it with a RPI 3b+ running Moode. I set it up to work as with Soerkis dam1021. It worked just fine so i decided to order an Amanero of audiophonics and some female to female I2S cables to set it up as a USB input.

That's where the troubles began. I am not able to get anything but the static/ white noise out of the DAC. I am pretty sure i hooked it up correctly.

GND out of amanero >> GND on dac
FSCLK out of amanero >> LRCK on dac
BCLK out of amanero >> BCK on dac
DATA out of amanero >> DATA on dac

I tried installing ASIO4all driver and still was not able to get anything out of the Amanero board.
I have seen that you are able to program the amanero but frankly speaking I am not so successful with it. And that's the main reason I am seeking help. Would appreciate if someone will be willing to share some knowledge and educate me.

Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** I forgot to add that the static / noise is only present while anything is playing on the pc. The moment the playback stops so does the static.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
15 cm is way too much long for an I2S conection, maybe what you hear is an antena catcher effect or a noisy ground pcb from the computer that polute the USB side of the Amanero.

Perhaps you can try a shorter I2S length or at least try to shield the I2S wires to experiment if actiing like an antenna ? For instance aluminium sheet from the kitchen around the wires with the foil connected to the gnd of the dac as a sorta of active shielding. Of course easier to try another usb source than the computer to experiment if the noise comes from there ?

Last edited:
15 cm is way too much long for an I2S conection, maybe what you hear is an antena catcher effect or a noisy ground pcb from the computer that polute the USB side of the Amanero.

Of course easier to try another usb source than the computer to experiment if the noise comes from there ?

Tomorrow i will head to the store and get my hands on shorter cables to try as for another source this could be difficult as i wanted to use my pc with this project but i could try it with the pi and see if that fixes it.

Is there a mck input on your soekris clone?

No it doesn't have one just standard 4 wire I2S.

That's why i drifted to the assumption that it has to do something with the correct set up of Amareno. But frankly speaking i don't get how to use ConfigTool/ load different firmware on it.