Tinysine TSA1701 DSP Module

Thanks for the heads up on these! I was able to order one from the TinySine website for just $4.00 USD shipping. It will be awhile before I get the DSP due to the Chinese New Year. Functionally they appear very similar to the Sure Electronics 1701 DSP that has been around for several years. These have the 3.5mm line in & out connectors which is nice. They also appear to have larger SMD caps than the Sure which may mean reduced distortion.

My wish: Delete the on-board pots, keep the external pots connector and add a connector to bring out some I2S signals. You could then do a full three-way with just the addition of a DAC. But I’ll take it as-is for some testing.

I also wanted to slightly modify the board to feed the ADAU1701 with the TDM signal and build a 5.1/7.1 system.

The problem is that the signals available at the connector are not sufficient to achieve my goal and I fear not even yours.

If you take a look at the provided table TSA1701 Audio DSP Board

External Potentiometers port 3.3V Power Out 3.3V Output A_ADC1 Analog In Treble control A_ADC2 Analog In Midrange control A_ADC3 Analog In Bass control
A_ADC0 Analog In Gain control GND -

these ADC pins correspond to the Multipurpose Pin:

MP2
MP3

MP8
MP9

According to the ADAU1701 datasheet these pins can transmit serial data in and out, but we need additional pins for BCLK and LRCLK.

In the end this board is a perfect solution for analogue input and output, it's cheap and already has connectors, but if you want to use all the digital interconnects you'd better use other boards with all the pins connected somewhere.

Hi,

i would like to follow on on the board :). Did anyone had a proper listening time so far and can share some insights (noise, handling, errors)?

Would be nice to get some heads up, because it seems no one in the world wide web has any experience with the board.

Regards,

Swany