Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2020, 12:00 PM   #1
KolfMAKER is offline KolfMAKER  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default How to combine Sonos Connect & ‘alien’ wireless speakers?

Dear audio-DIY friends,

For my current project, my challenge is to connect Sonos & Arylic wireless audio.

In this audio home system, I have two active HiFi speakers with amp/power/Up2Stream Mini built in. Also there are 3 Sonos speakers and a Sonos Connect.

I would like to stream the same music (multi-room) to all speakers, both Sonos & the wireless HiFi speakers (with Arylic Up2Stream Mini inside).

My idea is to connect the Arylic S10 to the Audio-OUT of the Sonos Connect. This way the HiFi speakers should get a signal/music stream coming from the Sonos Connect, via the S10.

Question
Will this setup enable that I can stream via Sonos to play via all speakers; Sonos and my own wireless speakers?

All comments, experience, suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,
KolfMAKER

Last edited by KolfMAKER; 24th November 2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 25th November 2020, 11:22 PM   #2
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Difficult to understand what you write but from what I know the S10 is 24 bit FLAC capable as a normal device should be able to in 2020 but the Sonos stuff is S1 so 16/44.1 only? I think you should first investigate if your Sonos stuff is S1 (16 bit) or S2 (high res) otherwise it will be a peculiar mixup of stuff anyway.

I think you mean to "connect Arylic S10 to the Line-IN of the Sonos Connect" so you will be able to play high res material.

Last edited by jean-paul; 25th November 2020 at 11:27 PM.
Old 26th November 2020, 08:25 PM   #3
KolfMAKER is offline KolfMAKER  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jean Paul.

Let me rephrase my question.
Is the Sonos Connect able to distribute music streams to several Sonos speakers, AND at the same time also send a stream over the Audio Out of the Sonos Connect?
  Reply to this post

Hide this!Advertise here!