Curcio CD12V DAC, info and help sought

Intermittently throughout the day I tried to figure out if I could rip a CD with pre-emphasis either in the TOC, or in the sub-code.

This part really confuses me, does the DAC receive the TOC, or is it just the CD player? Does it make a difference? What if it's in the TOC, but not applied to the data track? Does the DAC just turn it on when it's told to, or does it constantly scan the data stream? Why would the light on my DAC flicker when the CD skipped?

Anyway, it's all moot because I came to realize that to create a pre-emphasized CD I would have to download and install software that may or may not be free. Pretty much 99% of the information I found on how to do it was for PC's and I'm on a MAC. So, nixing that idea.

However, the good news is I managed to track down a member of another forum who posted a review of the DAC after he built it in 2002. He has graciously offered to send me his binder with all his build notes and documentation to copy as I see fit. I just have to return it when I am done. Thankfully he saved all his info and it sounds like he is still using his CD12V. Apparently 2 years ago he had Joe Curcio upgrade his receiver board. So in a couple weeks I should have a lot more information.

Managed to sleuth out someone who built this dac back in 2002. They were kind enough to send me their build binder to copy what I wanted out of it and send it back.

I now have scanned digital copies of the full schematics, BOM, and notes from Curcio. I'm not going to post it publicly, but feel free to PM me if anyone needs it.

Now I can start tinkering.....bwahaahahahaha.