TDA1541A and CS8412 how to connect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have an Arcam black box with the TDA1541A chip. After doing a lot of reading I managed to removed the filter chip and works even better. Then a lot more reading and discovered a lot of people connecting a I2s board to the TDA. I purchased one and struggling to get it to work.

There is a post about removing the muting transistor to enable this which I did but no sound is coming out!

I connected WSBD - LRCK, CLBD to BCLK and DABD to DATA. Connected a 5v power source also to the board but nothing after feeding it with a 16 bit 44.1 signal.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_010432039.jpg
    IMG_20201101_010432039.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 147
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Where do you connect the ground from the new CS8412 board? I can't remember where I put it when I used similar in with an old arcam alpha board but I do remember it did matter that there was a ground connection between my 2 boards

Just dragged it out of the cupboard. Looks like I have linked GND from the CS chip to a GND at the TDA - don't think it matters AGND or DGND. However, this might have been necessary for me because I used tube output? It's all too long ago.

Last edited:
Where do you connect the ground from the new CS8412 board? I can't remember where I put it when I used similar in with an old arcam alpha board but I do remember it did matter that there was a ground connection between my 2 boards

Just dragged it out of the cupboard. Looks like I have linked GND from the CS chip to a GND at the TDA - don't think it matters AGND or DGND. However, this might have been necessary for me because I used tube output? It's all too long ago.

You are the man! Its done!!!! It wouldn't work with the chassis ground but another ground did!

Thank you good sir! Thanks for all that helped!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.