Simple DSD SRC for BeagleBone

Maybe good to remain patient and see how things go.

I don't think there is any choice but to be patient and as this is DIY Audio so there are no guarantees, I think that would be generally accepted, however, there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic and supportive of the efforts of someone who has the ability to work with this sort of stuff and is prepared to share with the community.

I wouldn't have the least clue where to start with this type of project and I can only celebrate the talent of those who do.

I don't think there is any choice but to be patient and as this is DIY Audio so there are no guarantees, I think that would be generally accepted, however, there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic and supportive of the efforts of someone who has the ability to work with this sort of stuff and is prepared to share with the community.

I wouldn't have the least clue where to start with this type of project and I can only celebrate the talent of those who do.

+1

+1

I honestly would just take any that actually works right now.

hi guys

Together with PJotr we have decided to make this project a bit more open.
Soon I will start a new thread where we will put all of the information required to build this modulator.

Your decision is really appreciated !!
As I understand FPGA gives the opportunity of firmare upgrades, in the future (alike hqplayer) Moreover RTZ output promise very good quality.

Obviously, the implementation of this "heavy subject" rely to competent developers...
So, thank You olo111 and PJotr. I will follow your thread

In an experiment, SRC4392 was compared audibly against AK4137. The former would be my 2nd choice, but its quite close in sound to AK4137 for upsmapling. Could be they have a little bit different filter designs, and or they behave a little differently in the presence of low level incoming jitter.

Last edited:
Made a DSD'it layout with the first stage on SRC4192.
Sounds a little worse than on two AK4137s.
I noticed that the SRC4192 makes a lot of noise on the ~ 45mV power bus. You need to think carefully about the topology and power supply.
But there is good news as well. Switching DSD<->PCM without clicks.

Attachments

• 20210528_185537.jpg
    20210528_185537.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited: