About BEOLIT15 Restoration and APP. Issues

Hello Everybody :)
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/guidelines/know how with regards to the issue herein:
So, I received a BEOLIT15 BT speaker that broke down.
Being such an expensive speaker, I decided to try and fix it.
The BEOLIT15 incorporates a BT module (BTM865a) with a CSR8670 chip, which is also used as the speaker's host.
As it turns out, the module suffered some kind of damage and did not power up at all. Any attempt to access the module using CSR's PSTool or BlueFlash failed.

Since there was no other choice, I reached out to a seller of mine and he helped me obtain used BT modules identical to the one that broke down.
I then removed the inoperative BT module, installed the replacement and used a dump image to reprogram the module. I changed the BT address and managed to connect to PC/smartphone

Nevertheless, the speaker currently has a problem:
Since the dump file used has been extracted from a similar device operating from the same smartphone, the BEOPLAY app is unable to register and operate both speakers. There is most probably an additional key besides the BT_ADDR that has to be changed, but I have no idea what it is

I did ask B&O for some help...but was not surprised when there was no answer :(

If you stumbled across a similar scenario and may know which PSKey could solve this issue thereby allowing the BT to be registered correctly by the app. please be so kind to drop me a reply (Please note that regardless of the app - the speaker does connect to the phone's Bluetooth and plays music)

I will add the PSKey dump to the thread
Thank you so much for your time and apologies for the lengthy letter
/Indium

Attachments

• Dump - psr Copy.txt
    29.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks to Indium I was able to recover the Beolit15.

- Dismanlting the device is a pain, B&O seems to have too much screws.
- The main PCB can be operated out of the case with 15V supply.
- The CSR Programming dongle can be bought for about 15€ on eBay.
- The solderpads are clearly marked
- It needs the 15V main supply and the programmer is set to 3.3V
- The programmer red wire (supply) I did not connect
- Probably there is also other method to power, but this worked.
- The one needs to make backup of persistent storage in PSTool
- The one stops the processor with BlueFlash and erases the persistent store only
- Then processor started again and merge (thats what I did) the PSR files from the B&O update file, and program into chip.
- I got the two PSR from the update which can be decompressed. The update file is stored in PC once the B&Q updater has started and downloaded its file, but cannot progress because device is dead. But file is in windows temp folder.
-

Can somebody tell me how to decomress this update file? It has DFU format. I tried some python script i found on google but nothing. i Got prefix signature mismatch. Maybe somebody have dump from blueflash from working speaker XPV XDV two files.
BTW: thanks guys above for information. My Beolit is dead. Tried to flash Iridium PSR but this wont help. Its worse that on oryginal where after putting usb cable into port power diode turns on, but nothing else. No reaction. Both guys seems to be out from this forum so no way to ask them :)