Crossover Noise Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built the crossover shown in the images below and there is an issue with excessive noise when both boards are connected to the bipolar power supply.

If I unplug the power from either of the boards the noise issue goes away, I'm assuming it is a grounding issues but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I was hoping someone might be able to suggest the best approach.

PS: It amazing how much dust gets thru the vent holes :)

Attachments

• Crossover 3.jpg
    Crossover 3.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Crossover 2.jpg
    Crossover 2.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Crossover1.jpg
    Crossover1.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 57
Mark

Thanks for the input.

I have done 2 other projects similar to this and had no issues with noise. The image below shows a project where is used the Linkwitz crossover boards to drive my speakers and had no noise issues.

There must be a simpler way

PS: Whats a HBR and what input are yuo talking about?

Attachments

• Linkwitz.JPG
    Linkwitz.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 48
FIXED :)

Well the noise is gone, it's amazing what 1 little green wire can do. I realised after loading up the Linkwitz crossover photo that the board grounds are connected via one of the mounting holes and metal standoffs. The other boards dont have the ground attached to any of the standoff holes so I cobbled something together off the woofer grounds and the noise went away, which I am VERY happy about

Attachments

• Little Green Wire.jpg
    Little Green Wire.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.