Building DAC with lineout and headphone out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making a DAC using a DIYINHK AK4493EQ (768kHz/32Bit AK4493EQ DAC BARE PCB, I2S/DSD input - DIYINHK). It sounds great right now with the lineout. I've probably committed a sin and have wired up headphones directly to the lineout and run at cut volume.

I have dual +-12V (could up to 15V too) rails using a variety of op-amps (opa2134, ad8620, etc.). I haven't been rolling op-amps yet.

What's the recommendation for adding a headphone amp or headphone out? I have a lineout going to a tube amp currently that I am very happy with. I'd like to add a headphone out.

I'd ideally solve for low-impedance IEMs (massdrop plus universal IEMs) as well as higher impedance cans.

Should I go with a single pole 4 throw setup and switch between two lines? If the single op-amp is able to drive sufficient volume

The OPA1622 adapter boards without a real ground pin will produce more distortion than a properly connected OPA1622. It may be possible to run a short length ground wire from the OPA16322 ground pin to mainboard ground. One guy did that and measured considerably less distortion. Ummm...using a resistor voltage divider between the power pins as an approximate ground is not really the best solution, IMHO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.