Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Cheap Chinese AK4490 boards
Cheap Chinese AK4490 boards
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2020, 07:24 PM   #1
andyjevans is offline andyjevans  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Cheap Chinese AK4490 boards

I have an AK4490 DAC board which I'm quite pleased with. I'm thinking of getting a second board where I can adjust the gain on the op-amp output. I've seen this one with leaded components which would make the task easier, however there is no information about what kind of USB input board is needed or how to connect it. I'm not too confident about getting such information out of the seller, and it would help if anyone here could advise me.

Upgraded Assembled AK4490 Chip EQ II2S DAC Decoder Board 32BIT 768K

Upgraded Assembled AK4490 Chip EQ II2S DAC Decoder Board 32BIT 768K | eBay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AK4490-04 copy.jpg (115.4 KB, 134 views)
Old 16th May 2020, 07:30 PM   #2
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

What gain do you want, is it not enough? You'd need a schematic. It's very easy to stack a resistor on top
of an existing one, to reduce its value and change the gain.
Old 16th May 2020, 08:31 PM   #3
andyjevans is offline andyjevans  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Right now I have an extra gain stage after the DAC using a LM4562 op-amp. I was thinking about the possibility of increasing the gain of the op-amp on the DAC so an extra stage would not be needed. The extra LM4562 stage is needed because I have a 2 stage tube amp which needs a bit more gain.
Old 17th May 2020, 01:04 AM   #4
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
If you're content with 192k as your maximum I2S rate then this USB->I2S board will do the trick : CM6631A 24bit/192khz USB to Coaxial and Optical fiber SPDIF and I2S by LJM New | eBay

To go up to 384k, this one looks suitable : For XMOS CPLD USB Digital Interface Audio I2S SPDIF Output DSD256 sztop | eBay

Cheap Chinese AK4490 boardsHide this!Advertise here!