USB to AES/EBU kit suggenstions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm soon to get a proper computer workstation for the home office, which means I'll get the opportunity to setup my monitors.

The monitors are connected using AES/EBU hence I need to find a solutions for transporting audio from USB (from my Mac) to AES/EBU.
Looking loosely around on the web and various webshops, I've only found a board with I2S to AES/EBU, so now I just need to find a USB to I2S board.

I've been looking at Amanero vs XMOS and simply don't know enough to figure out what to go for.

Any suggestions, and preferably links to places that sell them? All input is appreciated!

Transformers like the Neutrick SPDIF to AES/EBU are good for the receive end, but not always so good for the transmit end since AES uses higher signal levels SPDIF, IIRC. The signals can be passively attenuated at the receive end, but it requires active electronics to get the level up high enough for the transmit end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.