DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
@sworder84
The reg has an input and output pin. I was talking about the output pin. Refer to the shematic of psu1.
Why ? Because too much low esr after the output pin is bad for these 2 regs ic. You can try then going after with bigger caps and choose what you prefer. Anyway it is a solution not to wait...

The red wima swith white marking look like genuine chineese ;)

Reactions: 1 user
@diyiggy He will be completely fine with low ESR on 78/79xx regulators, because they have an emitter folower stage with no gain, so the big output capacitance as well as low ESR makes no difference to the phase shift. Completely different story occurs with LDO regulators, 317/337, and similiar regulators :ROFLMAO:
@sworder84 just use all components for PSU-1, make your DAC alive and then try the experiments ;)

I'm confused) Leave everything?
@diyiggy, did you mentioned about C13-C16? I can change these four caps on Epcos electrolytic (for example). 47-220uF/16V?
Today I will measure the voltage again and write the results.
I know about Wima 0.33 with white marking - I saw these caps on ali and others chinese market but I have no alternative. I'll leave it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
@miro1360

No need to laugh. Just try. Each time I tried even with emmiter lt was better with ears. And emitter follower for me sounds better without resistor feedback from the base to the output(so discrete made with a Darlington a la BD1xx) with just a little decoupling near the load..0.1 to 2 uF most of time But and only if the imput leg of the ic as very low esr with indeed a very fast film cap for the highs.
Tons of designers in factory made like you describe i.e textbook but tje curios guys improved since the late 90 all the cd players like that.

Plus the KG iq not so a good cap here because its poor bass behavior or the KZ as well...
With the rigth cap at the input pin such circuit I describe is awsome for snap, fastness and bass behavior. At least for analog lines.
Perspective is everything...;)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
@swoerder
If you have some 220 uF for instance it will permit not to wait the big youhave not yet.
Then after you will experiment both solutions. It allows you to listen your dac in the meantime.
Dunno for thz caps number but caps after the outpin is what I m refering...clear enough. :)

now if the 0.1 uF, maybe Ali mkt in spite of mkp to raise the margin of the vendor, will have to high impedance in what I described. the sound will not be improved if you keep it and put the 47 to 220 uF...but for listening your dac in the wait time of Epcos.
If you source on Ali...you may fall on fake parts...russian gun roulette.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
So make it with the bom caps and experiment further if you want.
To desolder you need a good pump and sometimes flux helps for tiny vias...however the little vias arz a nigthmare to desolder so wise to leave it as it is if populated already...indeed.
Try pan. FC in lieu of the KG.
Where do you live to only have acess to Aluexpress ?

So make it with the bom caps and experiment further if you want.
To desolder you need a good pump and sometimes flux helps for tiny vias...however the little vias arz a nigthmare to desolder so wise to leave it as it is if populated already...indeed.
Try pan. FC in lieu of the KG.
Where do you live to only have acess to Aluexpress ?
Ok. I'll keep in mind!
I live in Voronezh (Russia). Indeed I have acess to Ali and different local and internet shops around the country. Ebay, Mouser, Farnell and others are not available now:(

@commstech
Following your instructing I measure + and - from 5 and 12V (all options). I got 12V and 5V without doubts!
Can I plug Dac board and transport? Or I need more measurements?

Attachments

• 12V.jpg
    12V.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 5V.jpg
    5V.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 48
The Dac have a high resolution and microdynamics! The instruments plays life-like. I like the sound! There's definitely a charm! Need to burn-up about 60-70 hours, it's always like that. Then you can listen more carefully. I need to change RCA - I'll be looking (I have a cheap). My acoustic is also Diy (was finished in last year). It's two-way on Seas Excel drivers (E0006/E0045). I listen to her but also I have a two different acoustics :D
Also will be thinking about the case.
Thank you @miro1360 for wonderful Dac!

Reactions: 2 users
The Dac have a high resolution and microdynamics! The instruments plays life-like. I like the sound! There's definitely a charm! Need to burn-up about 60-70 hours, it's always like that. Then you can listen more carefully. I need to change RCA - I'll be looking (I have a cheap). My acoustic is also Diy (was finished in last year). It's two-way on Seas Excel drivers (E0006/E0045). I listen to her but also I have a two different acoustics :D
Also will be thinking about the case.
Thank you @miro1360 for wonderful Dac!
Congrats! 🎉
What about your amp?
Show us your setup! :)