Help me mate ES9018K2M to HDMI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I have purchased the items shown in the pictures, an ES9018K2M/I2S board and an I2S/HDMI board.

Items are as shown in the pictures from the listing, with small differences: for the HDMI board, there is a jumper to select outboard or HDMI +5V source, and it is a 6 pin header with "P15" included in the header; for the ES9018K2M board, the included cable has a different colour pinout.

The HDMI board looks very straightforward, with I2S pinout clearly marked on board.

The ES9018K2M board is more mysterious. No marking of voltage(s) required at either the 2 conductor barrel jack or the 3 conductor screw terminal, although that I can figure out by myself.

However, the I2S is a different matter. There is no I2S pinout marked on the board. The DAC chip itself is fully covered by an overhanging heat sink; no way to access the pins to determine the header pinout in that manner.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 330a34d7-db3a-4b6a-ab90-b698c4eff30e.jpg
    330a34d7-db3a-4b6a-ab90-b698c4eff30e.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 140
  • s-l500_.jpg
    s-l500_.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 143
OK, I've been on a fool's errand.

Finally put this together today. It didn't work. At all. Was a real head scratcher since I checked voltages at many points and checked data pinouts many times.

A little more searching made me realize that the HDMI board is not what I assumed at all. It is for proprietary I2S-over-HDMI LVDS implementation.

Any recommendation on boards that will for sure extract I2S from standard HDMI?

Thanks for the help. Now with a little reading, I realize that I DO have the board I need, but to get it to do what I want I need to mod a player and put the Tx version of the board to mate with my Rx version.

I think I'll just build it to be dual S/PDIF / I2S-over-HDMI switchable. No reason to bin the board yet :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.