Paradisea Lost - USB to Toslink, RCA, or BNC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not talking about Milton. For years I have enjoyed my little MHDT Lab Paradisea sitting between my Mac’s and my amplifiers. Mac’s have come and gone. Amplifiers have come and gone. The Paradisea has kept the music going.

Now, my newest Mac does not have Toslink. I am limited to USB or HDMI. Sadly, my Paradisea has neither. I have seen USB to Toslink converters but have not read anything about how well they do, nor about their audio quality. The Paradisea has Toslink, RCA, and BNC digital inputs. I have done several searches of this forum and am not having any luck. I would appreciate being pointed to a thread I may have missed and/or welcome any and all advise.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you for your support! While I can solder reasonably well, my lack of digital electronics knowledge puts me on an insurmountable learning curve. I could fix and maintain all of my cars in the 70's and 80's, but by the 90's they were increasingly complex and required specialized tools. Audio has followed this same curve.

I was looking at completed boxes on Amazon and Ebay and found several that use this chip but I am unsure of implementation and quality issues.

I am unsure if I found anyone who are using this specific board but there are several who have units to sell that incorporate this chip. Recommendations welcomed.

Unless I am missing something, that looks like a very sweet little DAC. Back when I last looked into any new equipment I could not have bought a cable for the cost of this puppy.

But I am hunting a digital interface that will input USB and output SPDIF for my 12 year old tube/hybrid Paradisea DAC.

This interface I found on Ebayis currently leading my hunt.

xmos xu208 digital interface LT3042 regulated power supply IIS DSD coaxial fiber | eBay

I have never been on Ali Express and I will continue looking. I imagine this unit has its variations/duplicates there as well. We are all hunkered down and mostly at home. Plenty of time to explore.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.