Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

2020 choice of USB/audio bridge
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2021, 11:43 AM   #121
AIM65 is offline AIM65  France
diyAudio Member

As I read that some of you had the opportunity to test the chip with itís EVB, I have few simple questions in order to make a go/nogo on a project.

The Ct7601 embed a 8051 core. When delivered from the factory is the chip ready to use ? I mean does it already contain the 8051 software in ROM or preloaded flash? Or do we have to flash it with the right software ?
In order to flash the Ct7601, how to proceed ? is there a dedicated programmer to use, does anybody here have experience with that ?
I havenít found any clue related to these two questions in the datasheet nor EVB schematics.

Thanks
Chris
Old 9th April 2021, 12:19 PM   #122
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

7601 has the only loader in its ROM i.e. the program code loading from the serial flash IC every startup. Same as XMOS actually. Take a look at the Comtrue demoboard schematic in the first post of this thread. The source code is Keil project, also they gave Flash_prog.exe tool thru the USB. That's really stupid, Comtrue doesn't give the way to use the serial flash contains program code for your variables so you need to add one more serial flash if you gonna save there your data.
Old 9th April 2021, 12:37 PM   #123
AIM65 is offline AIM65  France
diyAudio Member

Ok, that's what I was thinking of when seeing an SPI flash and a I2C flash on EVB. I2C one is probably intended to store user data.

So I'm now getting closer a Go than a NoGo !
Iíll order a few chips in order to get the software package. I do not plan to buy EVB, but I will have to mimic some parts of it in order to ensure compatibility with their software.

Thanks
Chris
Old 9th April 2021, 01:50 PM   #124
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

AIM65, reasonable, their EVB cost about $200-300 I don't remember exactly. You can buy my 9038S DAC for 80 to investigate the system, or even for $50 PCBA. Actually, there is nothing special and you can order the new PCB which will work as supposed to be 99.99%.

2020 choice of USB/audio bridgeHide this!Advertise here!