CSR8675 programming guide w. software and tons of CSR info

same firmware, different issue

Hi DK6YF,
I am challenged with a similar problem exactly the same original firmware, on a CSR8675.

I am running ADK4.3 via csr-ftdi-spi driver. On windows 10 64bit. VM based flashing did not work for me, due to sync issues with USB passthrough, i believe.

The original firmware can be reflashed, and it works every time. However, none of the firmware coming out out ADK4.3 seems to work.

vmdebuglogger indicates a VM Panic. No LEDs working at all and I cannot see the bluetooth device via phone/pc.

any help would be appreciated. Thank you

The device is now working on 4.3.

Audio outputs not tested. However Universal Front End seems to be working.

The issue was that the the matching loader firmware was not flashed. It seems to be essential to match the "loader" and the compiled "stack" firmwares, which makes sense.

Currently attempting to get a AHI connection. Which is failing, in that, ADK Configuration Tool does not show a connectable device. This is after setting the AHI transport to SPI.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi friends.
I got a wrong item from Aliexpress Bluetooth 5.0 BTM875 B/CSR8675 Stereo bluetooth audio module module SPDIF fiber I2S/aptx hd|Wireless Adapter| - AliExpress - they send me I2S instead of SPDIF.
Unfortunately, I give 5* and receiving acknowledge before I checked this :(
Now they did not answer to my messages.

May I change the firmware to SPDIF by myself?
As I understand, I need some hardware ( JTAG/SWD/SPI/UART?) and the right firmware.
Thank you.

You will need the right firmware with spdif compiled in and change the right settings in ADK.
Hardware: CSR-SPI or FTDI-spi (but, this one doesn't worked for me)

The device is now working on 4.3.

Audio outputs not tested. However Universal Front End seems to be working.

The issue was that the the matching loader firmware was not flashed. It seems to be essential to match the "loader" and the compiled "stack" firmwares, which makes sense.

Currently attempting to get a AHI connection. Which is failing, in that, ADK Configuration Tool does not show a connectable device. This is after setting the AHI transport to SPI.

Any help would be appreciated

I tried with csr-ftdi-spi too, without success. With chinese CSR-SPI it's working perfect.

Version 4.1 does not have the AHI-Transport setting and in the ADK Config Tool some features are missing or are hidden somewhere... I'll try it later at home.

One can NOT use the ADK config tool from all 3 versions on my original firmware (tells me error ahi.dll consistency), so I'm stucked here :(

Maybe someone can help me get the ADK 4.2 and try my luck. If someone needs the 4.1, 4.3, 4.4 versions, I can provide them, just PM me.

I would just like to share my experience regarding the ADK config tool

It was a long time ago but I think the ADK config tool in ADK 4.2 definitely had a bug, it didn't work no matter what I tried. In my case I think ADK config tool opened, but it didn't show any of the config tool options on it's user interface when I tried to connect with the chip (8675). I haven't tried using ADK 4.3 or 4.4

Also, the ADK config tool from one version of ADK will only work with firmware with that same version of ADK. For example, if you burn the default sink program from ADK4.1 in the CSR chip, only ADK config tool from 4.1 will read it. Any other won't work. I have found up to ADK 4.1 to be stable. If you burn the firmware from ADK 4.1 and try connecting using ADK config tool from 4.1, I think it should work. However, I think the bluetooth version is 4.2 with ADK4.1.

Programming the Qualcomm QCC3008 - issues

In trying to equalizer program the QCC3008 chip (based on the CSR chip), I am having problems. The Universal Front End (UFE) seems to not be compatible with the Music Manager, the dll module that does the programming. There are other things I can do such as modify local bt address that tell me the basic setup is OK.

I struggling to find a solution to this, and wonder if this may also be related to QCC3008 firmware version, same as issues you had.

Specifically, when you had problems with CSR programming, what were the failure symptoms?

Thx.

can anyone possibly send me the qcc51xx adk config tool from the first thread quoted here? i can paypal a couple of bucks for the cost if needed?

How to MUTE control the amplifier (TPA3116D2) from CSR8675 BT

Add pull-up on the MUTE pin to VCC (or a voltage above 3v), then use the config tool and enable the "mute" pin function. You can then use that pin and trigger an NPN transistor that will pull down the MUTE pin.

When mute is enable on the CSR8675, then the amp will be muted.
By pulling the MUTE pin low on the TPA3116 you will mute it.

Hope this helps.

can anyone possibly send me the qcc51xx adk config tool from the first thread quoted here? i can paypal a couple of bucks for the cost if needed?

Here you go :)

The software for the QCC30xx and the QCC51xx are more or less compatible. I have not tested it on the QCC51xx, but this works well with the QCC3031.

Also added some instructions, the MDE, and the QCTA config tool.

Enjoy!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user