Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

How to input Spdif into a Allo DAC
How to input Spdif into a Allo DAC
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2020, 06:10 PM   #1
toshiro is offline toshiro
diyAudio Member

Default How to input Spdif into a Allo DAC

Hello,

I have a small hifi setup : NAD c316 amp, Elipson planet L speakers, and NAD C515 cd player.

I recently bought a Allo Piano DAC + Kali reclocker to playback radios and stream sources like Qobuz.

Is it possible in any way to get the spdif signal from the CD player (toslink or spdif-rca output) into the DAC ?

Main reason is not because i think the piano DAC would be better than the nad's cd player DAC, but because the piano has a subwoofer output.
I'd like to add the Planet Sub to my setup (it's made on purpose), and i like the subwoofer output of the Piano DAC a lot more than a parallel cable on my amp's speakers outputs plugged in subwoofer's high power inputs...

So i thought maybe i can input spdif into the dac and have the subwoofer output benefit for both my cd's and streamed music.

Sorry for the dumb question, i'm really not at ease with all those things
Best regards,
Old 14th January 2020, 07:48 AM   #2
Yatsushiro is offline Yatsushiro  France
diyAudio Member

This could be what you're looking for:

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Old 14th January 2020, 10:12 AM   #3
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I believe Volumio has a plugin that would enable you to play CDs through the Piano DAC.
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I guess you need a USB CD drive. They're cheap enough.
Old 14th January 2020, 12:40 PM   #4
toshiro is offline toshiro
diyAudio Member

Nice, many thanks for both your answers that'll help a lot

How to input Spdif into a Allo DACHide this!Advertise here!