Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

ES9038PRO DAC
ES9038PRO DAC
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2019, 05:25 PM   #1
adam1016 is offline adam1016  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ES9038PRO DAC

Hello, I am beginning to design a dac based around the ES9038 Pro dac. I've got enough datasheets and reading material, obviously would appreciate any extra material, but I'm wondering here if I'm allowed to post the schematic, having signed the NDA. Also wondering if I'm allowed to discuss the schematics/confidential information with other people who have already signed the NDA as well.

Last edited by adam1016; 20th November 2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Updating
Old 20th November 2019, 05:55 PM   #2
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Better ask ESS. We dont mind

//
Old 21st November 2019, 07:04 AM   #3
nautibuoy is offline nautibuoy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1016 View Post
Hello, I am beginning to design a dac based around the ES9038 Pro dac. I've got enough datasheets and reading material, obviously would appreciate any extra material, but I'm wondering here if I'm allowed to post the schematic, having signed the NDA. Also wondering if I'm allowed to discuss the schematics/confidential information with other people who have already signed the NDA as well.
Was it wise to sign a NDA that you don't seem to understand?

My advice is if you don't know, don't.
Old 21st November 2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Many things are in the public domain by now. However, details of register programming is not one of them. Most hardware interfacing details are out there if one reads from a variety of public sources.

The question I would have at this point is why ES9038PRO? Easier to work with ES9028PRO if it must be an 8-channel Sabre dac. ES9038Q2M is somewhat easier yet and can sound just as good as the PRO dacs (with one possible reservation).

Next question would be why ESxxxxxxx anything? AK4499 is a better sounding and better measuring dac, IMHO.
Old 21st November 2019, 04:05 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

@Markw4, saw you had received some eval boards of the AK4499, probably going to design a board around that since I'd rather be able to discuss my schematics openly.
Old 21st November 2019, 04:17 PM   #6
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quite a bit of experience with AK4499 at this point. Happy to discuss it with those interested. First thing I would like to ask about is whether you have seen the AK4499 eval board schematics (since there is a lot of good info there)?
Old 21st November 2019, 05:07 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have not actually -- been googling around for them for a bit and I've found the eval board schematics for the ak4497 but not the 4499. Probably going to start a new topic with the proper name as I continue developing an AK4499 DAC.
Old 21st November 2019, 05:54 PM   #8
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
Many things are in the public domain by now. However, details of register programming is not one of them. Most hardware interfacing details are out there if one reads from a variety of public sources.

The question I would have at this point is why ES9038PRO? Easier to work with ES9028PRO if it must be an 8-channel Sabre dac. ES9038Q2M is somewhat easier yet and can sound just as good as the PRO dacs (with one possible reservation).

Next question would be why ESxxxxxxx anything? AK4499 is a better sounding and better measuring dac, IMHO.
What method do you use for figuring out the sound quality of DACs? That should also be in the public domain.

ES9038PRO DACHide this!Advertise here!