ES9038PRO DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am beginning to design a dac based around the ES9038 Pro dac. I've got enough datasheets and reading material, obviously would appreciate any extra material, but I'm wondering here if I'm allowed to post the schematic, having signed the NDA. Also wondering if I'm allowed to discuss the schematics/confidential information with other people who have already signed the NDA as well.

Last edited:
Hello, I am beginning to design a dac based around the ES9038 Pro dac. I've got enough datasheets and reading material, obviously would appreciate any extra material, but I'm wondering here if I'm allowed to post the schematic, having signed the NDA. Also wondering if I'm allowed to discuss the schematics/confidential information with other people who have already signed the NDA as well.

Was it wise to sign a NDA that you don't seem to understand?

My advice is if you don't know, don't.

Many things are in the public domain by now. However, details of register programming is not one of them. Most hardware interfacing details are out there if one reads from a variety of public sources.

The question I would have at this point is why ES9038PRO? Easier to work with ES9028PRO if it must be an 8-channel Sabre dac. ES9038Q2M is somewhat easier yet and can sound just as good as the PRO dacs (with one possible reservation).

Next question would be why ESxxxxxxx anything? AK4499 is a better sounding and better measuring dac, IMHO.

Many things are in the public domain by now. However, details of register programming is not one of them. Most hardware interfacing details are out there if one reads from a variety of public sources.

The question I would have at this point is why ES9038PRO? Easier to work with ES9028PRO if it must be an 8-channel Sabre dac. ES9038Q2M is somewhat easier yet and can sound just as good as the PRO dacs (with one possible reservation).

Next question would be why ESxxxxxxx anything? AK4499 is a better sounding and better measuring dac, IMHO.
What method do you use for figuring out the sound quality of DACs? That should also be in the public domain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.