Cambridge DacMagic Plus won't pass digital signal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I recently came into possession of this used DAC because I needed one with two optical digital inputs and it appears to be one of the only ones in existence with this much needed feature. The DacMagic was having issues according to my friend so I opened it up to find the cheap Xunda Chinese electrolytics with one in particular that was badly domed and blown out.

I recapped the entire unit with quality electrolytics from Nichicon. However, it will not pass any digital signals or be recognized by my computer, although all the lights come on and the unit appears responsive to input selection. Figuring it may just possibly have scrambled firmware from all the work I performed (shot in the dark) I tried to make sure it at least had a fresh, non-corrupt firmware installed on it, but after making sure my computer had all the updated drivers to properly recognize the device, it is still not recognized by my computer and is incapable of refreshing the firmware or passing any data to the device which may or may not be the culprit.

Any ideas why it won't pass a digital signal or be recognized by my computer? I've double-checked my work, polarity has been properly observed on all polarized caps. It all looks very clean and everything appears perfect on the board with nothing burnt or obviously out of sorts, all cables tightly seated, no bridged solder joints or burnt components etc. but still no dice..

Attachments

• dac.jpg
    dac.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.