Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Meridian Explorer Subwoofer Connection - How to?
Meridian Explorer Subwoofer Connection - How to?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2019, 05:57 AM   #1
jjasniew is offline jjasniew  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Meridian Explorer Subwoofer Connection - How to?

Just bought a Meridian Explorer. It has two outputs, the line level I'm using to connect to my Jolida 102B. I'd really prefer to NOT use the speaker level outs from the Jolida to drive my sub and was wondering if I can make use of the headphone output - simultaneously - to do so?

The sub has two RCA line level inputs and of course volume and low-pass filter cutoff. I figure 3.5 mm stereo to RCA plus cable / adapter and away I go. Any other considerations? Like;

- The line level goes off when you plug in headphones?
- The line level outs are 180 deg out of phase with the headphone outs, as per internal buffering amplifier?

I was also thinking of running the DAC off a cell phone charger battery - given that it outputs 5V, by making up a special usb cable to do so. Any benefit to not using HP PC USB power and the battery instead? Thanks!
Old 2nd October 2019, 02:53 AM   #2
jjasniew is offline jjasniew  United States
diyAudio Member

Fine, I handled it. Just run the headphone output to the sub, line level to the amp. No need to use the phase switch on the sub. Sounds pretty good and better than the previous DAC I was using.

Meridian Explorer Subwoofer Connection - How to?Hide this!Advertise here!