Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

My no DAC project. FPGA and transistors.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2019, 04:18 PM   #211
mmerrill99 is offline mmerrill99
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your thoughts on this
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:35 PM   #212
mterbekke is offline mterbekke  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
Caps where only mounted for photo , the array on this design operates at 4.5V as the design is USB powered and we struggle with the 500mA USB current limit, although we will still be a little over......

The larger Array design operates at upto 6V1...

Keen for the results ASAP
4.5 volts after regulation, right? Best to also deliver a good USB cable (low resistance power supply leads) with the dac I guess.

Any results come in yet, or something popped up?
Old 3rd December 2019, 04:42 AM   #213
xx3stksm is offline xx3stksm  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzxpo View Post
when can I buy this DAC?
It's a difficult question because my DIY is a particular design for my circumstance. My system is a 4-way multi. My DAC has two channels but doesn't mean L and R but low and middles or high. That's the reason I have 48 taps(middle or high) and 36 taps(low). The input is particular too. The input signal, which is fed by transport, is an optical interface for isolation from the earth ground. IIS is easy to implement, but the frequency is 96kHz only because my transport has SSRC that converts every file into 96kHz/24bit. My motivation for DIY is to design a unique DAC since I can't find the best one for my system out there. There is little chance to make a universal one.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:46 AM   #214
ionutzxpo is offline ionutzxpo  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
I understand....ok
Old 4th December 2019, 05:26 PM   #215
Zoran is offline Zoran  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mterbekke View Post
Hi Zoran,

I am currently using a CML flip flop from Analog Devices, the HMC723. To me it's just to see what an (virtually) ideal single bit Flip Flop is capable of (and to see what the pro's and cons are compared to CMOS etc).
It is solderable by hand, but has a non-standard foot, as well as needs a negative voltage for it's power supply, so interfacing is not as easy as normally is the case. Feeding it with wrong signal levels will break the chip easily. It's also expensive, at about 75.- per FF, non-ceramic version and of course you need 2 for stereo.

Product page on Mouser:
Analog Devices Inc. HMC723 Series Flip Flops | Mouser

You could make this e.g. into a 4 bit balanced FIR with the help of a clock distributor ic like the HMC940, but that might be a "bit" too much ;-)

Not having spare time on my hands and using prototyping boards my last results can be seen on the screendump, optimized for maximum level, with matching higher 3rd harmonic. This can be bettered easily. Best PM me if you have further questions about these.
Hi Thanks For the answer.
(I am afraid that this part is not for my purposes, I need 32bit serial to parallel bit...)

My no DAC project. FPGA and transistors.Hide this!Advertise here!