CSR86XX config tool 3.0.70 for CSR8675/BTM875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know if the CSR8675 can be programmed with version 3.0.70 of the 86xx config tool?

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/dig...-aac-apt-module-baseboard-27.html#post5092999

If not does anyone know where I can get the up-to-date tool?

I'm going to order some modules and give it a shot, but they won't be here for a while.

Don't know if you're still interesting, but take a loot at TinySine's web page.

I also added my personal bank of CSR stuff. Go nuts and let me know if you get it working. I had not so much luck with the csr867x, but the csra64xx have been no problems.
I'm now working on the 8675 and trying to get the DSP settings working. Just having a hard time since the modules I got has the wrong firmware version, let me know if you got any luck on that part.

Dropbox - CSR - Simplify your life

I also added my personal bank of CSR stuff. Go nuts and let me know if you get it working. I had not so much luck with the csr867x, but the csra64xx have been no problems.
I'm now working on the 8675 and trying to get the DSP settings working. Just having a hard time since the modules I got has the wrong firmware version, let me know if you got any luck on that part.

Dropbox - CSR - Simplify your life

Erik,

Thank you for the very interesting info - I must say that CSR have well written design guides - best I've seen...

Guess they have constant FAE support issues (hence spending so much time on the support documentation)...

Erik,

Thank you for the very interesting info - I must say that CSR have well written design guides - best I've seen...

Guess they have constant FAE support issues (hence spending so much time on the support documentation)...

I do agree! Lots of great documentation basically describing everything. The only down side is that the software they're using is really dodgy! I've had many chips being semi-permanent bricked, specially the csr86xx family.

If i may ask, what's your plans with the 8675? Why not go for the csra64215?
The 64xxx is really easy to work with, and is almost never bricked. The only reason why i'm working on the 8675, is because it might have dynamic bass enhancement, as well as separate channel crossovers in the CVC software.

Hi Erik,

I'm definitely still interested in this! Thank you for posting your trove of files. I don't think I will be much help since it sounds like you know much more than me about this.

In the past I played a bit with the 8630 and 64215 and was able to do some basic things like change the name of the module, but if I touched the GPIO assignments I would brick them every time. I wasn't planning to mess with the DSP as you are. I noticed since then DrMord has instructions to unbrick modules but I haven't tried it.

Right now I have some CSR8675s I would like to incorporate into powered speaker. I just want to accomplish the following:

1. Verify codecs are enabled (aptX HD, aptX, AAC)
2. Rename module
3. Modify led behavior for 1 LED
4. Figure out how to toggle module on/off or on/sleep by toggling pin state. If I can't accomplish this I will turn on/off with a fet.
5. Set up a way to clear trusted devices list on button press

I have a 1324 programmer (looks like a shark), I'm hoping this works with this module.

Hi Erik,

I'm definitely still interested in this! Thank you for posting your trove of files. I don't think I will be much help since it sounds like you know much more than me about this.

In the past I played a bit with the 8630 and 64215 and was able to do some basic things like change the name of the module, but if I touched the GPIO assignments I would brick them every time. I wasn't planning to mess with the DSP as you are. I noticed since then DrMord has instructions to unbrick modules but I haven't tried it.

Right now I have some CSR8675s I would like to incorporate into powered speaker. I just want to accomplish the following:

1. Verify codecs are enabled (aptX HD, aptX, AAC)
2. Rename module
3. Modify led behavior for 1 LED
4. Figure out how to toggle module on/off or on/sleep by toggling pin state. If I can't accomplish this I will turn on/off with a fet.
5. Set up a way to clear trusted devices list on button press

I have a 1324 programmer (looks like a shark), I'm hoping this works with this module.

GPIO assignments can be tricky, but I've manage to change a bunch of them without issues. One tip I find is to change em one by one then upload to check that it works. This being said, you do need a proper CSR programmer to make this go smoothly. The CSRA64xxx family is preferred, as they do not brick so easily.

Is there a reason why you went for the 8675 for your project, not 64215? I would suggest this module with the DC-DC insulator. Especially since you most likely will connect it as a single-ended input to your power speakers.

If you buy the module that I posted then I could do all the changes you asked for, then you should be able to use your programmer to flash the PS-keys (user settings). (assuming it uses the FT232RL and that you follow these instructions)

When you say "toggle", do you mean you want to use a toggle-switch, or you want to have a push button for on/off, or is it going to be controlled by a micro?
- in any case, there is a dedicated MFB (Multi Functional Button) that is used on the breakouts that are exactly for ON/OFF events that can be modded. I have to test if you can turn the module on off with other IO's, it should be possible.

If you go a little more in detail I could send you the PS config file with your requests, but that would only be for the 64215. The 8675 is not that easy to work with and I've had many bugs with it, so that one you'll have to do on your own. Go and check out my friend Darie's youtube channel. Great guy, with tons of good BT info. Might give you the courage to tackle this. But again, you will need a dedicated CSR programmer!

Also here are some more software tools I found elsewhere, not sure if this is duplicative of what erik has.

Dropbox - BlueSuite - Simplify your life

Those seems to be for the 863x, 8645 family. Mostly duplicates, but a lot of great info! Who posted it?

Is there a reason why you went for the 8675 for your project, not 64215?

The 8675 has aptX-HD, the 64215 only has regular aptX as far as I know. aptX-HD is not a must have, but it would be nice.

GPIO assignments can be tricky, but I've manage to change a bunch of them without issues. One tip I find is to change em one by one then upload to check that it works. This being said, you do need a proper CSR programmer to make this go smoothly. The CSRA64xxx family is preferred, as they do not brick so easily.

Ok, thanks. I might just use the 64215 and forgo the aptX-HD

I would suggest this module with the DC-DC insulator. Especially since you most likely will connect it as a single-ended input to your power speakers.

Wow, that's expensive. I was planning to use an op-amp to go from differential to single ended. I was using a different CSR based module a while back (laird BTM511) and the audio popped when the module powered the amp up/down so I added an opamp to convert differential to SE and that mostly fixed it. I might also use an external DAC (eg cirrus) to avoid this issue.

If you buy the module that I posted then I could do all the changes you asked for, then you should be able to use your programmer to flash the PS-keys (user settings). (assuming it uses the FT232RL and that you follow these instructions)

That's extremely generous! If I have trouble I may take you up on this! First I will try to program the 8675 since I have some modules on hand (assuming I can actually program them with the 1324)

When you say "toggle", do you mean you want to use a toggle-switch, or you want to have a push button for on/off, or is it going to be controlled by a micro? in any case, there is a dedicated MFB (Multi Functional Button) that is used on the breakouts that are exactly for ON/OFF events that can be modded. I have to test if you can turn the module on off with other IO's, it should be possible.

I mean voltage controlled. E.g sleeping/off when 0V and on when 3.3V or something like that. I need to be able to power it down without a transient button press. If I can't do it in the module I will cut power externally.

If you go a little more in detail I could send you the PS config file with your requests, but that would only be for the 64215. The 8675 is not that easy to work with and I've had many bugs with it, so that one you'll have to do on your own. Go and check out my friend Darie's youtube channel. Great guy, with tons of good BT info. Might give you the courage to tackle this. But again, you will need a dedicated CSR programmer!

Thanks for the link, I will look at his videos. When you say "dedicated CSR programmer," do you mean the 1324 programmer or something else?

Those seems to be for the 863x, 8645 family. Mostly duplicates, but a lot of great info! Who posted it?

That stuff came from here:

Where can you get Bluesuite now? * Issue #30 * lorf/csr-spi-ftdi * GitHub

Last edited:
Ok, these videos are very helpful. Looks like I can just short the MFB circuit like the guy shows in the video to keep the module powered down.

- in any case, there is a dedicated MFB (Multi Functional Button) that is used on the breakouts that are exactly for ON/OFF events that can be modded. I have to test if you can turn the module on off with other IO's, it should be possible.

Wow, that's expensive. I was planning to use an op-amp to go from differential to single ended. I was using a different CSR based module a while back (laird BTM511) and the audio popped when the module powered the amp up/down so I added an opamp to convert differential to SE and that mostly fixed it. I might also use an external DAC (eg cirrus) to avoid this issue.

I mean voltage controlled. E.g sleeping/off when 0V and on when 3.3V or something like that. I need to be able to power it down without a transient button press. If I can't do it in the module I will cut power externally.

Thanks for the link, I will look at his videos. When you say "dedicated CSR programmer," do you mean the 1324 programmer or something else?

I didn't take a look at the price, but that seller is a scammer! That module should not cost that much. Found a proper priced one at Ali HERE. This one is 5v insulated, you should find it in a 12v version too. Or just buy the DC-DC insulator with any input voltage, just make sure it gives out 3v3.
When I refer to the dedicated programmer I'm talking about THIS one. You probably saw it in Darie's videos too.

It should be no problem setting the module up as you described, let me know if you end up needing any help :)

Ok, these videos are very helpful. Looks like I can just short the MFB circuit like the guy shows in the video to keep the module powered down.

Depends on the settings, but you can change them, think it has a pulldown, do you need to pull it up to turn the module on. The delay circuit for the MFB pulls it up after 100ms or something.

I didn't take a look at the price, but that seller is a scammer! That module should not cost that much. Found a proper priced one at Ali HERE. This one is 5v insulated, you should find it in a 12v version too. Or just buy the DC-DC insulator with any input voltage, just make sure it gives out 3v3.
When I refer to the dedicated programmer I'm talking about THIS one. You probably saw it in Darie's videos too.

It should be no problem setting the module up as you described, let me know if you end up needing any help :)

Depends on the settings, but you can change them, think it has a pulldown, do you need to pull it up to turn the module on. The delay circuit for the MFB pulls it up after 100ms or something.

Ok, thanks again.

The programmer I have is this one, which I happened to find cheap on ebay a while back:

DEV-SYS-1808-1A Qualcomm | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey

I also saw your thread on programming the 8675, thank you for that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.