Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Interest in Mouser stocking NDK NZ2520 SDA oscillators
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2019, 02:47 PM   #21
chris719 is offline chris719  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
Yes I well know about sourcing parts through 'approved' distributors, and supply delays, and substitutions, and alternate suppliers and testing/proving of incoming stocks/batches etc.
There is no need for the aggression, please cut it out.

Dan.
The aggression is all yours. You accused me of spreading FUD. You did not even read the original post correctly and continued to suggest something that the original poster explicitly stated he did not want. I don't know what your problem is.
Old 10th July 2019, 03:04 PM   #22
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
'Grey market' does not automatically mean counterfeit, dodgy etc, usually 'grey market' items are stock overruns, manufacturer clear out etc.
Suggesting that grey market is by definition untrustworthy is spreading FUD, no question.
I suggested Diyinhk as an alternative to readers of this thread who don't want to spend $60.00 for an oscillator.
Again please stop being so aggressive.

Dan.
Old 10th July 2019, 03:13 PM   #23
mmerrill99 is offline mmerrill99
diyAudio Member

Jeez, I posted here to get a break from the aggression on the Blowtorch thread but I see I was wrong.

I seem to remember a while back something about Mouser selling fake parts (obviously not intentionally) - anybody see this story?
Old 10th July 2019, 03:22 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
'Grey market' does not automatically mean counterfeit, dodgy etc, usually 'grey market' items are stock overruns, manufacturer clear out etc.
Suggesting that grey market is by definition untrustworthy is spreading FUD, no question.
I suggested Diyinhk as an alternative to readers of this thread who don't want to spend $60.00 for an oscillator.
Again please stop being so aggressive.

Dan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay-speakers View Post
Obviously depending on price do you think there would be much interest?
I know they are available via a few DIY outlets but I prefer buying from the big part suppliers. Mousers $60+ (Aus) order qualifies for free freight which is a nice bonus too.
If you would just take a second and read, you'd see what I just had to bold for you. You can also note that the oscillator is not $60, it is $60 for free shipping. This thread was all about buying from Mouser. No one cares that it is for sale from Diyinhk and everyone already knows this including the original poster.
Old 11th July 2019, 03:30 AM   #25
clay-speakers is offline clay-speakers  Australia
diyAudio Member

Well it now appears Mouser will not be stocking these.

these parts are no bid due to NDK do not quote an individual

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 11th July 2019, 04:15 AM   #26
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Mouser would likely have to buy a reel of each frequency, with 3,000 clocks per reel (IIRC reading that somewhere). Since there are four different frequencies you suggest stocking, that could be 12,000 clocks total. Probably take Mouser a long time to sell that many.
Old 11th July 2019, 04:20 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
Mouser would likely have to buy a reel of each frequency, with 3,000 clocks per reel (IIRC reading that somewhere). Since there are four different frequencies you suggest stocking, that could be 12,000 clocks total. Probably take Mouser a long time to sell that many.
Yep, not surprised. Similarly packaged oscillators from another vendor are 2k per reel, so that sounds plausible. Ah well, worth a try I suppose.
Old 11th July 2019, 04:32 AM   #28
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
If you would just take a second and read, you'd see what I just had to bold for you. You can also note that the oscillator is not $60, it is $60 for free shipping. This thread was all about buying from Mouser. No one cares that it is for sale from Diyinhk and everyone already knows this including the original poster.
Woteva.
Old 11th July 2019, 11:59 PM   #29
Terry Demol is offline Terry Demol  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
WRT long time, you might be suprised.
Old 15th July 2019, 04:17 PM   #30
wushuliu is offline wushuliu  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That someone would be Jocko Homo bless him, nobody else would/could write a description section like that one.
So they are tested but they won't be the pick of the bunch, those ones go into his gear.

Dan.
The description infers they'll perform better than the Crystek 957 though ("$25-30" clocks). I can't believe they haven't sold out on ebay yet.

Interest in Mouser stocking NDK NZ2520 SDA oscillatorsHide this!Advertise here!