Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Interest in Mouser stocking NDK NZ2520 SDA oscillators
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2019, 04:35 AM   #11
phase is offline phase  United States
diyAudio Member

If itís a drop in on a preferred board then it makes more sense.

I donít use usb on anything much anymore, but it would be nice to know of other devices that have been binned for lower noise besides these.
Old 10th July 2019, 05:54 AM   #12
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
NDK NZ2520SDA 3.3V 49.152Mhz 45.1584Mhz 24.576Mhz 22.5792Mhz Ultra low phase noise oscillator

Dan.
Old 10th July 2019, 05:58 AM   #13
chris719 is offline chris719  United States
diyAudio Member

OP already mentioned he'd rather order from Mouser. Not that I have any reason to be suspicious, but I would feel more comfortable generally to buy from an authorized distributor.
Old 10th July 2019, 08:41 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Why, what's the difference ?....
Quote:
This oscillator was ordered directly from NDK, guarantee 100% original.
Old 10th July 2019, 09:16 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canvas View Post
Yes, they are. The NZ2520SD are not guaranteed to perform as good as the one tested by NDK. It looks like someone do a pre-selection on their stock and sold the rest.
That someone would be Jocko Homo bless him, nobody else would/could write a description section like that one.
So they are tested but they won't be the pick of the bunch, those ones go into his gear.

Dan.
Old 10th July 2019, 09:22 AM   #16
mmerrill99 is offline mmerrill99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
Not really. Its a matter of figuring out some technique. Looping a piece of gaffer tape inside out and sticking it to workbench leaves a sticky surface on top. Put the clock on that upside down to hold it in place. Strip some 30 ga. wire wrap wire, tin the pads on the clock using .3mm diameter or smaller solder and a very small tip, then touch the end of a piece of wire to a solder pad and quickly reheat with small solder iron tip. Wire tacks right down and solder joint is good. You can always add a tiny dab of paste flux with a sewing needle first to allow for a bit longer reheated soldering time.

Would have to agree that a local dedicated 3.3v LDO regulator should be soldered to the ground plane next to the clock, and of course with the clock soldered to the ground plane, then right into the dac chip with a good, small size SMD series resistor in-between, if needed for damping. Putting clocks on adapter boards on sockets and or using cheap u.fl connectors is not good for jitter. If connectors must be used, high quality SMA's properly torqued to spec should be used.
Agreed that the PS is probably the most important aspect to get right for low jitter then followed by the clock itself

You can stick them down on Plasti-tak or Bluetak for soldering but magnification is needed, for sure.

Pity the bigger version isn't available NZ3250SD - I presume it has the same internals, just a larger casing.

I somehow don't think the Mouser price will be very attractive for SDA version?
Old 10th July 2019, 10:39 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
Why, what's the difference ?....
Have you dealt with sourcing gray market components? Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

It will suffice to say that if they can be purchased from an authorized distributor who knows how to properly pack and store ICs it gives some additional peace of mind.
Old 10th July 2019, 12:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Have you dealt with sourcing gray market components? Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
It will suffice to say that if they can be purchased from an authorized distributor who knows how to properly pack and store ICs it gives some additional peace of mind.
No I don't believe everything including your FUD, I do believe the authenticity statement from Diyinhk site, and from Jocko.
Serious assembly houses do not trust anybody including Mouser and perform xray/performance testing of incoming inventory.
Old 10th July 2019, 02:21 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
No I don't believe everything including your FUD, I do believe the authenticity statement from Diyinhk site, and from Jocko.
Serious assembly houses do not trust anybody including Mouser and perform xray/performance testing of incoming inventory.
There are authorized distributors for a reason. I suggest you look into the reasons, since you appear to have no actual experience sourcing parts for mass production of a product. I did not say that there is anything wrong with Diyinhk, that their statement is incorrect, or their product has any flaws.

BTW, you didn’t even READ the original post. The original poster said he did not want to buy from outfits like Diyinhk, so there’s no need for your BS. Please stick to your gooping.

Last edited by chris719; 10th July 2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10th July 2019, 02:41 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
There are authorized distributors for a reason. I suggest you look into the reasons, since you appear to have no actual experience sourcing parts for mass production of a product.

BTW, you didnít even READ the original post. The original poster said he did not want to buy from outfits like Diyinhk, so thereís no need for your BS. Please stick to your gooping.
Yes I well know about sourcing parts through 'approved' distributors, and supply delays, and substitutions, and alternate suppliers and testing/proving of incoming stocks/batches etc.
There is no need for the aggression, please cut it out.

Dan.

Interest in Mouser stocking NDK NZ2520 SDA oscillatorsHide this!Advertise here!