Interest in Mouser stocking NDK NZ2520 SDA oscillators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I well know about sourcing parts through 'approved' distributors, and supply delays, and substitutions, and alternate suppliers and testing/proving of incoming stocks/batches etc.
There is no need for the aggression, please cut it out.

Dan.

The aggression is all yours. You accused me of spreading FUD. You did not even read the original post correctly and continued to suggest something that the original poster explicitly stated he did not want. I don't know what your problem is.

'Grey market' does not automatically mean counterfeit, dodgy etc, usually 'grey market' items are stock overruns, manufacturer clear out etc.
Suggesting that grey market is by definition untrustworthy is spreading FUD, no question.
I suggested Diyinhk as an alternative to readers of this thread who don't want to spend $60.00 for an oscillator.
Again please stop being so aggressive.

Dan.

'Grey market' does not automatically mean counterfeit, dodgy etc, usually 'grey market' items are stock overruns, manufacturer clear out etc.
Suggesting that grey market is by definition untrustworthy is spreading FUD, no question.
I suggested Diyinhk as an alternative to readers of this thread who don't want to spend $60.00 for an oscillator.
Again please stop being so aggressive.

Dan.

Obviously depending on price do you think there would be much interest?
I know they are available via a few DIY outlets but I prefer buying from the big part suppliers. Mousers $60+ (Aus) order qualifies for free freight which is a nice bonus too.

If you would just take a second and read, you'd see what I just had to bold for you. You can also note that the oscillator is not $60, it is $60 for free shipping. This thread was all about buying from Mouser. No one cares that it is for sale from Diyinhk and everyone already knows this including the original poster.

Mouser would likely have to buy a reel of each frequency, with 3,000 clocks per reel (IIRC reading that somewhere). Since there are four different frequencies you suggest stocking, that could be 12,000 clocks total. Probably take Mouser a long time to sell that many.

Mouser would likely have to buy a reel of each frequency, with 3,000 clocks per reel (IIRC reading that somewhere). Since there are four different frequencies you suggest stocking, that could be 12,000 clocks total. Probably take Mouser a long time to sell that many.

Yep, not surprised. Similarly packaged oscillators from another vendor are 2k per reel, so that sounds plausible. Ah well, worth a try I suppose.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.