Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 09:23 PM   #641
ishizeno is online now ishizeno
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
On the other issue, you are right I am trying to get you to listen and for good reason.
And I thank you for that. I will listen. As much as I possibly can. I promise.

Please let me clarify something though: I do not take position on the rather sterile debate of objective measuring vs. subjective listening. I deeply believe that both are absolutely necessary, for a lot of very good reasons that we do not need to cover on this thread (other people can do a much better job at this than myself). In fact, on most reasonably contested issues, I usually do not take any position, for I believe that different viewpoints can bring complementary enlightenments on a particular topic, and one would be wise to carefully listen to as many contradictory opinions as possible before passing any judgement.

Therefore my prudent approach to subjective listening should not be interpreted as some kind of quantitative bias in disguise. Instead, it is nothing more than a humble acknowledgement of my limited skills. But I am here to learn — about this, there can be no doubt...

Last edited by ishizeno; Today at 09:25 PM.
Old Today, 09:28 PM   #642
ishizeno is online now ishizeno
diyAudio Member

Mark,

I totally agree with everything you wrote on the post that was just deleted...

I mean it. Really.

Cheers!

Ismael

Hide this!Advertise here!