Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

USB to I2S : For Small Space .
USB to I2S : For Small Space .
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2019, 09:18 AM   #31
test1 is offline test1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVX View Post
test1, where you from?
I'm from France.
I can share some information if you need.
I've successfully make CM6631A/CM6632A (CMEDIA), SA9227 (Savitech) and TE8802L (Tenor) work with my own PCB.. and so far SA9227 seems the best.

By the way ,i've just seen there is a new IC SA9228 from Savitech on their roadmap..
Old 21st June 2019, 01:20 PM   #32
miro1360 is offline miro1360  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVX View Post
miro1360, today is the modern trend to have wrong docs/code and all problems solving in tech support forums.
I went through all the answers, all the topics ended with a question:
"did it work for anyone?"
Old 22nd June 2019, 03:51 AM   #33
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

test1, as I said I have Cmedia contact but only thru their distributor in SHZ. SA9227 is too expensive on taobao, even XU208 XMOS is cheaper, so I see no reason to try SA9227 yet. TE8802L no interest.
You know what, try to ask Cmedia about CM6645 IC, SHZ distributor says this IC isn't supported, and recommend me to use CM6642 instead(and I do). I suspect Cmedia got bad jitter performance with CM6645 because the IC has no any clock input, only USB(the same as PIC32). I'm fine with CM6642 but I have to use DAC with SPDIF builtin(ES9038Q2M).
Old 22nd June 2019, 05:16 AM   #34
nofun is offline nofun  United States
diyAudio Member

IVX it looks like the PIC might only be capable of generating its mclk by pll. The samd21 can operate as i2s slave so jitter could be much better. UAC1 should be possible with the sam but i doubt uac2 is. If there was some functional code around i think the pic or sam would make a fun diy platform despite the limited performance. I'll give the samd21 a try but I'm not expecting anything soon if ever.

That soundkey dac looks impressively cheap, from its measurements the tpa6130 and ceramic coupling caps at its inputs might limit the performance more than the pic. It also looks like the tps either shares the ldo with the dac or it just runs straight off the usb supply. I don't see any chokes either.
Old 22nd June 2019, 06:47 PM   #35
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

To make BOM cheap and keep performance great is the kind of art but make cheap junk, not a big deal )) When I chose 2.5mm jack and saw gold-plated one for 5 cents, I didn't check how much nickel-plated one - no reason. How many units need to sell to get a serious profit from 5 vs 4 cents BOM difference? I think it is ridiculous, if not to say shameful economy ))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20190623024528.jpg (110.6 KB, 75 views)

USB to I2S : For Small Space .Hide this!Advertise here!