Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

USB to I2S : For Small Space .
USB to I2S : For Small Space .
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2019, 03:38 PM   #21
test1 is offline test1
diyAudio Member

it's weird that c-media or savitech don't reply at your mails.

i work for a very small company (2 people) and they always reply at me.
i don't even buy their chip directy to them, i order them on aliexpress or taobao.

c-media support reply everytime 1 day later due to time difference.
they gave me full datasheet and i work with CM6631A and CM6632A, for CM6631A they gave me a custom firmware tool maker. and for CM6632A they don't offer one, but they can custom the firmware for you for free.

for savitech i had to sign a NDA and they gave me all datasheet of all their usb solutions and a custom firmware tool.
i work with SA9227, it's smaller and more powerful than CM6632A.
they also reply 1 day later due to time difference.
Old 14th June 2019, 08:57 PM   #22
wealas is offline wealas
diyAudio Member

Maybe because you use a company email?
Old 15th June 2019, 06:02 AM   #23
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Cmedia gave me their distributor contact in Shenzhen and don't support me directly. I just complain about the distributor to Cmedia and next the distributor becomes more responsible. It is a common problem in china because of education level is extremely low it is a hard task to find right local FAE. For example, I got two emails the same day from that distributor regarding CM6642 initial firmware, one said "CM6642 need to be reprogrammed to obtain SPDIF", another email said CM6642 don't need to reprogram and a brand new chip has SPDIF On by default. I email to Cmedia with a rhetorical question "what a f.. is that?", and the same day their distributor sent me the 6642 USB programming tool. Sometimes I felt the distributor doesn't interested to give me app info at all. And I spent a few months just to get trivial info and primitive prog-tool.
Old 15th June 2019, 08:29 AM   #24
Dibya is offline Dibya
diyAudio Member

Cmedia took following company information from me & yet I haven't got any reply yet .
I still have believe on Cmedia , Savi is somebody to loose faith on
Old 17th June 2019, 02:05 PM   #25
test1 is offline test1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wealas View Post
Maybe because you use a company email?
No company email.
Free email like gmail, yahoo etc
Old 18th June 2019, 05:21 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

test1, where you from?
In my case, I understand that Cmedia has a lot of stupid chinese "customers" with the same single request "pls make for me design, and I'll buy your chips". So, a tiny company was overloaded, and found some local chinese to provide "comprehensive support". I know some ukranian/russian engineers who also got direct Cmedia support, just because their countries have no Cmedia's FAE.
Regarding SVS, I sent them email with request of any awailable app data for USB/I2S ICs but they didn't reply. Next I go taobao to check availability of these ICs and I found it way tooooo expensive. BTW, as I understand, taobao shops provide all app-info right away, if you buy their stuff.
Old 20th June 2019, 01:34 AM   #27
nofun is offline nofun  United States
diyAudio Member

The SAM D21 and PIC32MX270F256D both come in fairly compact yet hand solderable packages and have i2s modules that are probably capable of USB audio. I believe the dragonfly USB dacs use the PIC but I don't know of any projects that use the SAM as a USB audio bridge. I am inclined to try the SAM with the arduino ide but I don't know if the two are suitable for the task.
Some of the Teensyduino boards are capable of i2s over USB and there is even a gui tool that will help configure it for you.

Teensy Audio Library, high quality sound processing in Arduino sketches on Teensy 3.1
Old 20th June 2019, 05:19 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

nofun, you are right. I also saw pic32mx as USB/I2S here: https://www.cyrusaudio.com/wp-conten...-2000x1335.jpg It is compact and super-cheap(if not to say extremely cheap, 1$ pic32, $1 PCM5102, $0.5 TPA6130A2RTJR, and even 3.5mm jack isn't gold-plated!). However, it is only 24/96 and probably has awful jitter because the device specs are way worse than Ti's DAC used there.
PS: Oops, dragonfly red looks quite similar Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
So, perhaps PIC32 without any clock makes a really bad job. BTW, I measured with AP2702 my old $300 chinese android Nubia Z11 with AK4376 3.5mm output with 1kHz 16/44.1THD+N .0015%(16bit theoretical limit!) SNR -118dbA, power the same as dragonfly/soundkey and similar. I really believe that any old iPhone with 3.5mm or Apple's USB/3.5 adaptor will outperform these DACs in an effortless manner.

Last edited by IVX; 20th June 2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 20th June 2019, 08:37 PM   #29
miro1360 is offline miro1360  Europe
diyAudio Member

I tried PIC32 for USB/I2S and I failed. I didn't get even to the USB initializing ... it just didn't want to communicate, to compile and upload the code went smoothly, sadly there it ended.
Old 21st June 2019, 05:49 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

miro1360, today is the modern trend to have wrong docs/code and all problems solving in tech support forums.

USB to I2S : For Small Space .Hide this!Advertise here!