Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for Digital Crossover
Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for Digital Crossover
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2019, 10:11 PM   #1
phillil is offline phillil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for Digital Crossover

I'm planning a 3-way active DIY speaker setup, and am struggling to decide which way to go regarding electronics.

So far my options are;
1. A pair of Hypex Fusion 503's, with all sources plugged into the Hypex with remote control
2. MiniDSP 4x10HD as a pre-amp, with a good quality 5 channel power amp for the mid/tweets and a Behringer iNuke for lows

My issue with both of the above is that the 'pre-amp' (ie Hypex plate amp or MiniDSP) isn't as nice as a normal pre-amp / receiver when it comes to looks, functionality, ease of use etc. and I might come unstuck if wanting to connect something like an Amazon firestick.

So I was wondering if it was possible to configure an AV receiver equipped with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 to utilise 6 of it's channels for "stereo" but with high/low/bandpass filters applied??

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could / have tried this as it might be another option

Many thanks
  Reply to this post

Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for Digital CrossoverHide this!Advertise here!