SureDSP ADAU1701, MP11 BCLK, PCB Error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would appear that there is a routing error on the MP11 pin of the Wondom/SureDSP APM2 boards.

MP11 is a multipurpose pin that can be assigned as BCLK out.

This pin is also connected to the Write Protect circuit on this board which it shouldn't be. This causes the MP11 pin to be grounded when the programmer board is connected with the WP switch in position 1 as it needs to be for the programmer to work.

This had me stumped for a while when trying to get an external PCM5102 DAC board up and running, until it suddenly worked when I unplugged the programmer.

Scoping out the BCLK showed the signal was lost with programmer connected and with a bit of searching I found this post:

ADAU1701 BCLK missing - Q&A - SigmaDSP Processors and SigmaStudio Development Tool - EngineerZone

Following the track with my DMM, it 'Y' splits next to the MP11 pin, one fork goes to a 22 Ohm resistor quad pack and on to the BCLK out of the ADAU, the other fork goes to a single 22 Ohm resistor, cutting the track to the single resistor will stop the MP11 pin from being grounded and allow the programmer to work.

Phew, now I can get on with converting this board to differential 4 Volt out with working mutes :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.