Digital Signal processing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Digital communication signals are beyond the audio perception however it is good practice to keep these signals away from analog amplification stages.

Digital offers the flexibility of remote control whether via infrared, blue tooth , wifi or Ethernet.

Errors do occur in both digital and analog signal processing

Digital signals are sometimes expanded then sanitized through an analog tube compressor #subjective#

Also included are transceivers or inbuilt network cards for the respective datalink technology.

Most MCUs feature segmented display driver, also incuded are analog to digital converters and vise versa

The PGA2311 (probably programmable gate array) is a hi brid between analog and digital circuits

Attachments

• DSP.png
    DSP.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 251
Homework assignment for a creative writing course?

"Write six short paragraphs in 'technical' English. The word "digital" should appear in all but one of them, where it is implied rather than stated. Each paragraph should be about a different subject, so the connection between them is primarily from their proximity in space rather than their proximity in meaning.

Next week we will look at how to turn this week's work into an advert for audio equipment or services."

Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I read "Digital communication signals are beyond the audio perception" ... Zzz
Skipped reading the rest this morning, but suddenly had hope there would be something interesting, since DF96 wrote a reply here.

I got lost at the same point (or lack of!).

Have had some lessons myself in "how to say nothing in as many words possible".

A thread for veterans to share their digital exploits on the best chips and why, we can all learn from those with 10,000 hours on this subject, as well as come up with new novel or forgotten solutions, it should be the fun digital thread for newbies to test their milk teeth

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that:
You intended this as a thread for sharing knowledge and clever tricks/optimalizations, about ALL kinds of different chips and circuits, mostly practical implementations that are tried and tested, as long as it is remotely connected to digital signal processing?

I am sorry, just do not see this in your first post.
And maybe it would help if you thought about making a more descriptive thread name/title.

Buses

*In the world of communication protocols, I²C and SPI are often considered as ‘little’ communication protocols compared to Ethernet, USB, SATA, PCI-Express and others, that present throughput in the x100 megabit per second range if not gigabit per second. Though, one must not forget what each protocol is meant for. Ethernet, USB, SATA are meant for ‘outside the box communications’ and data exchanges between whole systems. When there is a need to implement a communication between integrated circuit such as a microcontroller and a set of relatively slow peripheral, there is no point at using any excessively complex protocols. There, I²C and SPI perfectly fit the bill and have become so popular that it is very likely that any embedded system engineer will use them during his/her career.

*byteparadigm introduction-to-i2c-and-spi-protocols

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.