freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro

Hi,

I am working hard on options for international buyers. It turned out that for every country the legal stuff has to be worked out separately. :(
And then we have the special case UK, because nobody knows what will happen with Brexit.

Raphael

You shouldn't need to do anything different for sales within the EU - that's the whole point about the single market, you can sell anywhere within that market as if you were selling to your domestic market. Sales outside the EU may be a different matter, but then EU (and specifically Germany if that's where you're selling from) rules and laws apply.

And the UK is currently part of the EU, so is exactly the same as the rest of the EU. When or if the UK should leave the EU then that may change, but until then...

Hi,
in the Eu, if you sell to normal residents, you charge anything as if you where selling in Germany.
I think you got confused, because you did as if you where selling to a company in the EU. To a VAT registered company you can sell without your local 19% VAT. This complicates your book keeping and your Steuerberater most probably will make this look very complicated (and charge you even more money).

So, sell with VAT if you have to charge it (there is an exception for limited Kleinunternehmer) as usual and all is fine.

After so many years of common market, still people do not know a #uck about it.
This explains why some island apes want to leave the community that made the poor Island prosper...

dspverden@

Thanks for a wonderful project! Could you please clarify on how to use FIR filters with the Aurora board? In your video "freeDSP-aurora HowTo 03: Using FIR Filters" I see that the configuration application works in 4 channel mode and has a field to import IR file. But when I run auverdionControl 1.1.1 (w/o board) it only has "8 channels" and "home cinema 7.1" modes to choose from. How do I activate the 4 channel mode with FIRs? I can see that you still have it in sources, is it actually broken?

The FIR plugin still exists on github as a beta version. It will be finally released with version 1.2.x of auverdionControl in December. I was hoping to release it earlier but I am currently busy with getting the AddOns shipping.

Regarding selling in the EU: The show stopper is the WEEE directivity. Yet the idea is good many members of the EU failed to transform it into national laws. Every country now has its own solution for it and that you have to work out when you are selling to these countries from Germany through an online store. It would be much easier if there would be a dealer in e.g. UK knowing all the national laws...
This only applies to the members of the EU. It is much easier with countries outside the EU.

Raphael

Last edited:
The FIR plugin still exists on github as a beta version. It will be finally released with version 1.2.x of auverdionControl in December. I was hoping to release it earlier but I am currently busy with getting the AddOns shipping.

Regarding selling in the EU: The show stopper is the WEEE directivity. Yet the idea is good many members of the EU failed to transform it into national laws. Every country now has its own solution for it and that you have to work out when you are selling to these countries from Germany through an online store. It would be much easier if there would be a dealer in e.g. UK knowing all the national laws...
This only applies to the members of the EU. It is much easier with countries outside the EU.

Raphael

Hi Im German outside German speaking EU countries,

EU Goverments dont care anything about WEEE and CE and safety !!!!

I have claim by local Goverment about no WEEE no CE and so on......

Anonym products - no importer adress in EU / EWR

Illegal product not allowed to import and sale under EU law in single market

Goverments dont like to know......

German and Austria rich Country why you not go back to German and Austria or Brussel was the answer when you claim, people have only small money

Be careful your own safety if you buy product in this countries often dangerous product in market nobody want to konw anything about product safety

dspverden

The shop is showing Addon B as out of stock. When are you likely to get some more?
(or, when would I be able to place an order for one?)

I'd like to place an order for both the Aurora DSP and the Addon B. I'm happy placing an advance order, for them both to be shipped together, but I can't add an Addon B to the basket

Thanks

UK seems to be missing from the checkout - when will this be available again?

Thanks

p.s. we're pretty good with WEEE over here in the UK... all WEEE waste at my workplace is dealt with in a profesionnal manner under ISO14,001 so I don't know exactly what the issue is...

Last edited:
Ship / sell it from Malta

Easy to get FREE business registration without residence within 1 day, authorities dont ask question.

Authorities dont like to know and

dont like to understand anything about WEEE and EU Rules

To claim for EU Rules is a nightmare, authorities dont like to know, I have try and give up

Everywhere in big stores seller selling goods not pass EU rules

Last edited:
Hi, this is my first post, I missed out on the crowd funding as i heard about this too late. I've been waiting for it to be ready in the U.k, which it is now.
What exactly do i need to order to get everything working for my system;
head unit with 3 pair of audio outs, will upgrade to digital out later
2 way component with 4 channel amp, might upgrade to 3 way with 6 channel amp
sub with mono amp
Aurora DSP + what? i cant see an add on board for just analogue RCA in/out and digital in.
Thanks
Alan