freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro

@Nathan:

ad 1) Yes. Correct.

ad 3) Just get one with 7 or 7.5V. That will do the job. I am using the Meanwell GS12E07-P1I

ad 4) No idea why freedsp.cc is down. I guess they are already working on it. After releasing auverdionControl 1.0.0 I will launch a website dedicated to aurora only. There you will find an option to order AddOns. Besides you will find all the data already on github in the develop branch: GitHub - freeDSP/freeDSP-aurora at develop

ad 5) Correct.

ad 6) You can already send any input to any output with auverdionControl.

ad 7) There is no difference. dspControl was renamed to auverdionControl to avoid a name conflict when I upload the software to Apple's App Store for the iOS variant.

Raphael

Currently there is a DSP PlugIn with FIRs on four channels. This will be released this month.
Each FIR is 4096 taps long.

You are free to modify it to 8 channels. Then each channel can have 2048 taps or you distribute the taps unequal over the channels. In Toal you have 20k taps available and a single channel can have 10k taps max.

.. or AES/EBU pinout, don't know which one is more standard. Now the x201 nad x301 don't seem to use any standard mapping of output pins.

Actually those pinouts are the same (almost), but the AES/EBU cabling is digital 110 ohms and has 4 (digital stereo pairs) ins and outs for total 8 channels in and out. They are not fully compatible:
https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/33/DB-25_Pinout.pdf

Last edited:
Attentive observers at GitHub will have noticed. In the last week there have been some changes in the release/1.0.0 branch.
And now it's finally time:
Version 1.0.0 of auverdionControl has been released.

You can find it here:

https://github.com/freeDSP/freeDSP-a...ases/tag/1.0.0

And the User Manual can be found here:
https://github.com/freeDSP/freeDSP-a.../DOCUMENTATION

Now all I have to do is find out how to get a software that communicates with hardware certified for Apple's AppStore so that auverdionControl can also be installed on your iPad.

Raphael

Thank you very much :) Installed it - it's really kuul. Looking forward to try it out with the board when I have the speakers ready.

I'm also one of the guys who would like one (more) when you get the site running :)

Small things:
- The two links are not working (same in the mail and on kickstarter)
- I got this error
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
but it works fine anyway

- The two links are not working (same in the mail and on kickstarter)

Sorry. Copy&paste error.

Here are the links again:

Release 1.0.0:
Release Release of version 1.0.0 for macOS and win64 * freeDSP/freeDSP-aurora * GitHub

and the documentation:

freeDSP-aurora/DOCUMENTATION at master * freeDSP/freeDSP-aurora * GitHub

Regarding the error during installation: I will check wether I can fix it somehow. The message with error 3010 is not an error (although Windows installer calls it an error). What Microsoft is trying to tell you: The installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable was successful and a reboot is needed.

Raphael

2 problems

Hi Raphael,

I received your board - thank you.
I have/had 2 problems with the board:

1. My first connection attempt via Wifi Access point worked.
Then I tried to put Aurora in my Wlan network, without sucess.
Maybe I have entered wrong access datas.
I then tried to connect again via Access Point.
But this connection always broke off so fast, that I could not connect to the program anymore.
After a day I tried it again and then I could still connect. Now Wlan works to.
Can it be, that with entered Wlan Data the access point connection time is set to short?

2. Till now I'am not able to connect USB to the board, not in Win10 and not in linux. lsusb recognizes no new device. I made a photo of my adapter cable to your board. Do you have an idea, what is wrong?

Attachments

• gesamt.JPG
    gesamt.JPG
    714.8 KB · Views: 236
  • USB_Anschluss.JPG
    USB_Anschluss.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 254
I think you should connect the red cable.

Regarding the wifi: Please double check wether the antenna is really connected. Or move the cable a bit. Sometimes radiation from other sources like SMPS Power supplies are picked ups by the antenna cable. But usually unstable wifi connections are caused when the antenna cable is not well connected with the ESP32 module.