Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro
freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2019, 03:23 AM   #201
454Casull is offline 454Casull  Canada
diyAudio Member

Does the USB stream work with Windows 7?
Old 11th November 2019, 07:11 PM   #202
dspverden is offline dspverden  Germany
diyAudio Member

No, it is not support under Windows 7 per default because MS never made a UAC2 driver for it. You could try it with one of those open source drivers, but I am not sure wether it will work or not.
Old 21st November 2019, 11:11 AM   #203
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspverden View Post
Hi,

I am working hard on options for international buyers. It turned out that for every country the legal stuff has to be worked out separately.
And then we have the special case UK, because nobody knows what will happen with Brexit.

Raphael
You shouldn't need to do anything different for sales within the EU - that's the whole point about the single market, you can sell anywhere within that market as if you were selling to your domestic market. Sales outside the EU may be a different matter, but then EU (and specifically Germany if that's where you're selling from) rules and laws apply.

And the UK is currently part of the EU, so is exactly the same as the rest of the EU. When or if the UK should leave the EU then that may change, but until then...
Old 21st November 2019, 05:03 PM   #204
mhelin is offline mhelin
diyAudio Member

Exactly, and then there are services like this:
Address In Germany Mail & Package Forwarding - Mailboxde.com
Old 21st November 2019, 07:58 PM   #205
Turbowatch2 is offline Turbowatch2  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,
in the Eu, if you sell to normal residents, you charge anything as if you where selling in Germany.
I think you got confused, because you did as if you where selling to a company in the EU. To a VAT registered company you can sell without your local 19% VAT. This complicates your book keeping and your Steuerberater most probably will make this look very complicated (and charge you even more money).

So, sell with VAT if you have to charge it (there is an exception for limited Kleinunternehmer) as usual and all is fine.

After so many years of common market, still people do not know a #uck about it.
This explains why some island apes want to leave the community that made the poor Island prosper...
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:06 AM   #206
cacao ambiance is offline cacao ambiance  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

What are the dimensions of AddOns? looks like i may need a bigger box for addon B!

Thanks for your efforts btw.

Last edited by cacao ambiance; 22nd November 2019 at 03:11 AM.
Old 22nd November 2019, 04:46 PM   #207
rabre is offline rabre
diyAudio Member

Hi,

You need 19" 2HE.
freeDSP-aurora/Drilling Rear Panel.pdf at master * freeDSP/freeDSP-aurora * GitHub

Dimensions 435 x 80 mm
Old 23rd November 2019, 03:37 AM   #208
mnaganov is offline mnaganov  United States
diyAudio Member

dspverden@

Thanks for a wonderful project! Could you please clarify on how to use FIR filters with the Aurora board? In your video "freeDSP-aurora HowTo 03: Using FIR Filters" I see that the configuration application works in 4 channel mode and has a field to import IR file. But when I run auverdionControl 1.1.1 (w/o board) it only has "8 channels" and "home cinema 7.1" modes to choose from. How do I activate the 4 channel mode with FIRs? I can see that you still have it in sources, is it actually broken?
Old 23rd November 2019, 09:21 PM   #209
dspverden is offline dspverden  Germany
diyAudio Member

The FIR plugin still exists on github as a beta version. It will be finally released with version 1.2.x of auverdionControl in December. I was hoping to release it earlier but I am currently busy with getting the AddOns shipping.

Regarding selling in the EU: The show stopper is the WEEE directivity. Yet the idea is good many members of the EU failed to transform it into national laws. Every country now has its own solution for it and that you have to work out when you are selling to these countries from Germany through an online store. It would be much easier if there would be a dealer in e.g. UK knowing all the national laws...
This only applies to the members of the EU. It is much easier with countries outside the EU.

Raphael

Last edited by dspverden; 23rd November 2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:31 PM   #210
mhelin is offline mhelin
diyAudio Member

No, WEE doesn't apply to 'spare parts' or sub-assemblies which include the bare assembled pcbs (motherboard),
WEEE final products, spares, sub-assemblies and components | nibusinessinfo.co.uk

Last edited by mhelin; 23rd November 2019 at 11:40 PM.

freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi controHide this!Advertise here!