need some help with non usb i2s input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably depends on the maximum sample rate you would need. There are ways to get from I2S to SPDIF, but that is limited to 192kHz. Then there are ways to get from SPDIF to USB. Also, it probably depends on how good you ADC is. It is good enough to justify buying parts, building boards, programming chips, etc.?

The I in I2S stands for Inter-IC. It was never intended for box to box transmission. You will either have to convert the I2S signal to SPDIF/ADAT/SDIF/AES etc. or modify a soundcard for I2S input, a task not as simple as it sounds. Unless you can build something yourself, I'd forget about HDMI and ethernet. What ADC are you using ?

Hi all.

Is there a pci/pci express/hdmi/j45 or whatever board that easily allows to input an i2s digital signal in my pc?

I need an input for an adc that outputs in i2s, and i have no idea how to do it.

Any suggestion?

I need the power of a pc, so no raspberry et similia solutions are allowed.

I'm a bit confused - see here:

]

I've been looking for such a device for a while for testing my dacs and can't find any ADC with I2S OUTPUT and no interface for inputting I2S to a PC.

For your requirement, would USB input not be adequate? Software already exists, whereas any board with I2S input would need drivers which would probably just recombine the I2S into a standard audio format, using up significant processor power just to do this.

USB 2 or 3 is fast enough to receive audio data considering it can send and receive video data as well and there are many audio interfaces available, either USB or pci card.

The device in the previous post may accept I2S input but the connection to a PC is via USB or Spdif. (its really intended to link a USB or spdif output to a Dac rather than what you want which is the opposite direction)

Will this not do what you want - audio and Spdif in and out:
remium 24-bit/192kHz converters
111dB signal-to-noise ratio A/D converters and 116dB signal-to-noise ratio D/A converters for pristine recording and playback of your tracks
Hardware-accelerated effects
over 600 standalone E-MU plug-in effects for use in PatchMix with no CPU overhead
PatchMix™ DSP zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring
with super-flexible patchbay - no external mixer needed
Comprehensive analog and digital I/O plus MIDI
two analog inputs, two analog outputs, optical/coaxial S/PDIF plus MIDI I/O

E-MU Systems - E-MU 0404 PCIe - PCIe Digital Audio System

I have an old Emu card in my pc for replay of demanding audio samples (Hauptwerk Organ software for a 3 manual + pedals, 50 stop cathedral organ with several seconds of reverb.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.