DAC power supply line RC filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm curious if anyone have used RC filters on DAC power rail supply lines? By RC power rail supply line filter I mean a small resistor (2-10 ohm) in series with each DAC power supply line (Analog, Digital or both) then the typical decoupling capacitor at the DAC end of the resistor to ground.

Or any fixed resistance in power supply (analog or digital) is never good for the sound as it creates high impedance paths?!

Frankly I only see a massive use of LC filter (with a ferrite bead/inductor instead of the resistor).

I steer clear of adding resistance in the power supply paths, unless a little is needed as damping for a series inductor. The impedance of power supplies to opamps is particularly critical as they create load-induced ripple on the rails when driving an appreciable load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.