Any product exists capable of capturing NON_AUDIO spdif streams?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any product that is capable of capturing NON_AUDIO spdif streams? I want to capture ac3/dts 5.1 over spdif. All the devices I have tested mute the input if NON_AUDIO bitflag is set, which it is with ac3/dts bitstreams.

capture devices which mute NON_AUDIO input
ESI U24 XL 24-Bit USB Audio Interface for PC/Mac
M-Audio Audiophile USB

Last edited:
I want to capture ac3/dts bitstreams to PC in raw ac3/dts bitstream format. Record hours. So, do you know a product which can do this?

Not offhand. Something could be built, but it could potentially add up to a lot of data to store. First of all, I don't know the format of those bitstreams. If they are known then building something to capture them shouldn't be too hard. Lots of data acquisition stuff is available for National Instruments Labview or similar. That way you can get around have to write your own Windows driver for your interface hardware. They may already have audio processing libraries to import and decode standard SPDIF, not sure.

I was able to use this Cmedia CM6206 based USB device to capture SPDIF streams. I cannot guarantee that the NON_AUDIO flag was actually set, but I assume it was (source was a Realtek motherboard with Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive output). The drivers are a bit fiddly (I was able to record out of the box with Win10 but wasn't able to get it working with macOS).

Just to clarify, because it doesn't looks like I can edit my post and I was a bit vague: I used that device to capture DTS bitstreams which, after some processing to remove the IEC 61937 wrapper and zero padding, I was able to play back in a media player. So it can definitely handle bit-perfect Dolby/DTS capture.

Hello!

I apologize for my bad English. I hope you still understand me.

I also want to capture ac3/dts bitstreams to PC in raw ac3/dts bitstream format.

I have the Phiree U2S and the Cmedia CM6206. So far i have not been able to make a playable recording. I can record something, but it's just a loud noise. I think i have to edit the recording, but i do not know how and with what. Maybe someone can help me.

@pinum: Can you describe what you did to remove the IEC 61937 wrapper and zero padding?

@coolfdu1: Can you describe how you made a working recording with the Phiree U2S, Reaper and BeSplit?

I would be very grateful for any help.

With best regards,

Windir

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.