Have anyone tried the "NOS" TDA1547 or SAA7350

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I doubt that there is a working SMD SAA7350 for sale.
On ebay you can get only DIP packages of DACs which are not degraded during the process of recyclation of electronics garbage (like AD1862 and others only in DIP packages) - these are not degraded by hotair because they are simply pulled out from sockets (or you can still buy a few AD1862 chips as genuine from trusted sellers, you can find by google).
SMD components from ebay are another story (either degraded or broken at all, opamps faked - mostly remarked).

Last edited:
I have tried SAA7350 nonos dac (SM5840AP bypassed) a decade before...it does have the same sin(x) shaved high frequency as ordinary r2r dac and the quality of sound depends on actual dig. filter used/bypassed. If it is s good one like PMD100, I think you will want it to stay in signal path. But it is an interesting experiment anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.