The poor sound quality of Apple iPhones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I cleaned the jack of the 4s with a cue tip and alcohol. Somehow it leaked into the case and ruined the screen. So that's the end of thr iphone 4s.

When you say the screen is ruined, what do mean by that? Can't even see how it could have penetrated the screen assembly. If you used a lot of iso propyl alcohol, and left it for awhile, it should have wicked off from the screen by now. How much did you use? A barely dampened cue tip would have been quite enough.

When you say the screen is ruined, what do mean by that? Can't even see how it could have penetrated the screen assembly. If you used a lot of iso propyl alcohol, and left it for awhile, it should have wicked off from the screen by now. How much did you use? A barely dampened cue tip would have been quite enough.

I used a cue tip dipped in alcohol. It somehow leaked through the jack and the alcohol damaged the screen from the inside. I also shot some air in there. Its supposed to be water tight but then alcohol isn't water.

I don't really care, I listened to it again and it sounds bad, like an old SS amplifier.

I used a cue tip dipped in alcohol. It somehow leaked through the jack and the alcohol damaged the screen from the inside. I also shot some air in there. Its supposed to be water tight but then alcohol isn't water.

I don't really care, I listened to it again and it sounds bad, like an old SS amplifier.

If you have blasted pressurised super cooled liquid freon gas into the iPhone audio jack it will have caused the damage you have mentioned - not the Q-tip moistened with isopropyl alcohol.

You say that the iPhone sounds like an old SS amplifier. That's not a really adequate description, as some old SS amplifiers can sound very quite good.

It sounds to be that you have an impedance mismatch with whatever you have plugged into the iPhone. Other than that, I cannot help you any further.

ToS

If you have blasted pressurised super cooled liquid freon gas into the iPhone audio jack it will have caused the damage you have mentioned - not the Q-tip moistened with isopropyl alcohol.

You say that the iPhone sounds like an old SS amplifier. That's not a really adequate description, as some old SS amplifiers can sound very quite good.

It sounds to be that you have an impedance mismatch with whatever you have plugged into the iPhone. Other than that, I cannot help you any further.

ToS

I can say for sure I didn't put freon in there. The sound is what I would describe as "tizzy" and sibilant. I have heard old solid state amps that probably have bad caps that sound similar.
I think there some components in there that are bad, it really wasn't designed for longevity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.