Cheap chi-fi DAC buy (<30 USD)

There are so many mistakes!

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 789
My non-audiophile review of Burson V6 Classic OP-AMP in my WM8740 DAC

First of all, a big thanks to SS Audio for letting me have the V6 Classic OP-AMP for free!

When I got the V6, I immediately put it in my DAC and was underwhelmed. The sound was like a bad, 56kbps mp3. I was like WTF!
Then Phase (DIY audio member) reminded me to give some time to burn-in the OP-AMP. I was a bit skeptical but then I thought there is no harm to try it. So, I went ahead and burned-in for like 80 hrs.

Now, after burning-in, the sound has changed...for the better. It sounds really good now:up:. I could hear lots and lots of details which I missed with my dual 5534 OP-AMP. Treble and mids are exceptional with V6 Classic. Bass is good but is beaten by the dual NE5534. I think this is because my set up is near the staircase and lots of bass is getting leaked to the lower floor. So, the V6 Classic is not at fault here. NE5534s, on the other hand, is a bass monster (in my DAC).

So, Burson V6 Classic is a fantastic OP-AMP if you are after details and tight, non-bloated bass. As a bonus, it looks really cool too but do mind its height. It's a bit tall.

Last edited:
I didn't listen to many USB dongles, but I think this one posted on page 2 (post #19) should beat them all. It is a way better than Topping D30 desktop DAC that cost $130. A true R2R DAC sound from 8xTDA1387 in parallel, passive I/F, very musical, you will listen to music much longer. Only $42. It has standard RCA outputs, a decent HPA and two S/PDIF bypass outputs useful when a distance to your HiFi amp is long.

It has a great modding potencial too.

Nobsound Mini HiFi Sound Card DAC TDA1387 USB 8X Audio Decoding Headphone Amplifier DTS/AC3 Coaxial Optical Digital Output-in Headphone Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on AliExpress