gato prd-3 dac preamp buzzing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want to take some better pictures and clean off the flux, I would be willing to look at what you have. But, it would be up to you to make it easy for me to take a good look at. You don't have clear, well-lit, in focus pictures of the top and bottom starting from wide view showing the whole thing, then close-ups to see fine details. You might need to unsolder some things, take resistance and voltage measurements, and possibly cut one or more traces then solder them back together after the problem is found. If you can't or are unwilling, probably best to find a reputable shop and take it there.

If you want to take some better pictures and clean off the flux, I would be willing to look at what you have. But, it would be up to you to make it easy for me to take a good look at. You don't have clear, well-lit, in focus pictures of the top and bottom starting from wide view showing the whole thing, then close-ups to see fine details. You might need to unsolder some things, take resistance and voltage measurements, and possibly cut one or more traces then solder them back together after the problem is found. If you can't or are unwilling, probably best to find a reputable shop and take it there.

Thanks for advice. My thoughts exactly. Will need some thought.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.