Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

USB output mixer interface
USB output mixer interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2018, 10:52 PM   #1
drumtrig is offline drumtrig
diyAudio Member

Default USB output mixer interface

Hi all

Im experimenting with live a musical project which features 2 keyboard amps, a bass amp and a sub, all coming from a single laptop. What Id like to try and build is a custom interface that will appear as 4 assignable outputs on the computer, and have 4 physical faders that will help me quickly adjust the levels on stage while Im playing. A midi in would also be nice

So ideally:
- usb input which will produce 4 assignable outputs in DAW
- 4 jack outputs, each with a fader
- midi in
- master fader that controls the output of all 4 channels

After researching on here and other places I came across the miniDSP/freeDSP/ADAU1701 boards but Im still unsure if these would be the best choice and what other components Ill need. Also how Id go about creating the custom drivers Id need to get the 4 outputs appearing on my DAW.
If anyone could point me in the direction of similar projects or give any advice it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

USB output mixer interfaceHide this!Advertise here!