Need Help (MiniDSP and REW) NO BASS!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been trying to fix issues with no bass for a few weeks now. My room is almost a perfect rectangle with a hallway and kitchen leading out. My subs are 2 Dayton Audio 15" HF subs in a closed 2 cubic feet box. I have tried many different amps with no discernable difference but now I'm using 2 Crown CT 1600 amps in monoblock configuration.

I will take pictures of my room soon and upload them but for now, I have the measurements from REW I can upload. I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious. I had to boost the low-end a lot just to hear it as you'll see in the graph. All measurements were done at the exact position of the ears.

Attachments

• Left Low.jpg
    Left Low.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Right Low.jpg
    Right Low.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Left Filter 1.jpg
    Left Filter 1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Right Filter 1.jpg
    Right Filter 1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 133
  • Left Filter 2.jpg
    Left Filter 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Right Filter 2.jpg
    Right Filter 2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Left Filter 3.jpg
    Left Filter 3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 33
  • Right Filter 3.jpg
    Right Filter 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 41
What if you sweep the frequency spectrum with a sine wave and listen? Does it sound like bass at low frequencies? Are your subs phased correctly?

If good with the above, it could be that you have too much harmonic distortion at high frequencies making the sound seem too bright. If so, you can't really fix it with EQ. Sometimes people may attribute the cause in that case as an absence of bass when that isn't really the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.