Buffalo 32s DAC with Luckit WaveIO USB interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That looks like an isolated SPDIF output that has some wires connected to it, not an input.

Anyway, don't know why the I2S outputs wouldn't work with any I2S input dac, assuming sample rate and bit depth of the audio is compatible. If its not working, you might try it with another dac. Detailed troubleshooting might require an oscilloscope and or maybe even a logic analyzer.

It could also be the dac is not configured for I2S input. Some dacs can be configured for use with left or right justified PCM only, or perhaps DSD only. Have to check the dac settings for that.

Last edited:
I use one with a DDDAC and the SpDIf input you appear to be trying never worked, only the USB

Thats the SPDIF output juancho, (to the DAC), the USB is the input from my computer. The board lights up ok (powered from the USB), the track plays on my Audirvana software but no sound from the speakers.

I was just curious if any other Buffalo Day owners were using the board as Lucian thinks this may be one of those rare cases where the RX stage on the DAC isn't sensitive enough for the SPDIF signal of WaveIO to work properly.

That looks like an isolated SPDIF output that has some wires connected to it, not an input.

Anyway, don't know why the I2S outputs wouldn't work with any I2S input dac, assuming sample rate and bit depth of the audio is compatible. If its not working, you might try it with another dac. Detailed troubleshooting might require an oscilloscope and or maybe even a logic analyzer.

It could also be the dac is not configured for I2S input. Some dacs can be configured for use with left or right justified PCM only, or perhaps DSD only. Have to check the dac settings for that.

Good call Mark, I should try the I2S connections. If I can't get it to work Lucian has kindly allowed me to send the board back with my DAC for detailed troubleshooting.

Thats the SPDIF output juancho, (to the DAC), the USB is the input from my computer. The board lights up ok (powered from the USB), the track plays on my Audirvana software but no sound from the speakers.

I was just curious if any other Buffalo Day owners were using the board as Lucian thinks this may be one of those rare cases where the RX stage on the DAC isn't sensitive enough for the SPDIF signal of WaveIO to work properly.

You are right-it is an output not input. The tech notes say 'Please do NOT use non-isolated SPDIF output since is was built for testing purposes only, use
instead the isolated one instead.'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.