Custom monitor mixer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! first post here :)

I have a demanding project here. I need a small box doing the following:
-receives one XLR mic line
-receives 5 audio channels from dante (2 stereo 1 mono)
-outputs audio mixdown through 3,5mm jack
-controllable by 4 knobs (2 stereo + 1 mono from dante, +mic line)
-PoE

Is this even possible? is Dante open to that degree? I'd need 50 units, so the price is a big concern :D I found a similar product, but it only receives 2 lines from dante: Hear Technologies - Switch Back M8RX

Should i consider a different standard?

Thank you so much for any useful information!

Well, i'll be using 50 of those units, so it'll be 50 microphones, and feeding them each with its own line + 3 stereo lines that they can regulate during performance.

touch screens are also not convenient for live performance (you need to look at the device) so it would need to be 4 volume knobs.

the system that runs to FOH is based on Dante, so i figured it would be easiest to just extend the in-ear monitoring with the same protocol due to latency and simplicity of system assembly/disassembly for touring.

Well, i'm now considering cutting down on channels. if i used 4x4 chip (dante ultimo PDK for testing) cutting from 6ch to 4. using internal loop for the mic line.

I'm still waiting on audinate to provide me ANY news regarding prices...
According to some information the chips itself shouldn't be so expensive.

I was hoping for sub 300€ per unit which is quite expensive when you need 50 units.

I'm even thinking of kickstarting it maybe :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.