Need schematics for this PCM2706 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.
Bought this DAC as DIY kit, but there are some problems - PCB is not marked with values of components (like drawing of resitor says Rx, drawing of capacitor says Cx, instead of their actual values), so it is unclear which part to install and where. When asked, seller sends PCM2706 datasheet, which has quite different schematics. What I was able to determine, this kit is also called "clover audio pcm2706", but no more info. Any ideas?

Attachments

• pcm2706.jpg
    pcm2706.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 106
They probably expect you to follow the photograph you have as much as possible. I can see some resistors are the same, and one different. Caps look to be different physical sizes. Most of it can be figured out by looking at the data sheet and following the traces around. That should leave very few actual puzzles, if any.

Once you have done all you can, then how about let's take a look at what is left to work out?

The problem is that actual PCB is different from one pictured above :) For example, this picture shows some SMD components, while mine has no SMD, all are TH. I tried to draw schematics based on PCB, and it appears that some parts are redundant and were just added for "cool looks" .

Okay. And you say yours is not like the one in the picture, nor like the circuits in the data sheet?

The connector row is for I2S, right? That should go in like the data sheet schematics show. The schematics also show how the USB port hooks up. Don't know about the extra RCA, is that SPDIF? And, maybe the board has some extra power supply input?

Last edited:
Okay, most of the part values are marked on the board. There are some caps that don't have values shown.

Please inventory the parts you have and separate them into two groups. One group should be parts that are marked on the board. Those are not a problem since you know where their locations are, right?

The other group should be parts that are not clearly marked on the board. We need a list and pictures for the components in the second group. For example, looks like maybe there are some film caps and some electrolytics. What are the values you have and what quantity of each value, etc.?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.