16x Digital interpolation filter - drive PCM56, PCM58, AD1865 and so on up to 768 kHz

The main digital filter for all DACs except for TDA154X is finished and has been throughly tested by several users. TDA154X version needs some polishing, but I didn't have much time to actually finish it, so it's not available at the moment. I hope to get back to it soon enough since I will have more time now.

If you wish to purchase it you can drop me a message.

Psychology? ;)

A typical synchronous interpolation filter like this, being LTI, doesn't create harmonic distortion. You don't see that specified on filters like this.

This "time smearing" isn't an artifact, so I really dislike using that term for it. An ideal reconstruction filter will have this "time smearing", but it will reconstruct the original waveform perfectly. It's not actually time smearing, because we don't listen to impulses.....

Some of us listen to sine waves. Some like drums with impulses, etc. I am curious what impulse-less music you listen too? Who knew?!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I’m lazy and don’t want to read all 10+ pages, so simple question, is this interpolation filter available for purchase? I’m cleaning up the lab and found some TDA1541A and AD1862 just begging to be used and I just can’t help myself but give in to the desire to tinker with some old tech!

I’m lazy and don’t want to read all 10+ pages, so simple question, is this interpolation filter available for purchase? I’m cleaning up the lab and found some TDA1541A and AD1862 just begging to be used and I just can’t help myself but give in to the desire to tinker with some old tech!

Hey, yes, it is - the information along with price is available within the first post. Drop me a message if you want one, but currently I'm a bit busy, so it might take some time to assemble. That being said, keep in mind that I have created two different digital filters (a special version for TDA1540/TDA1541 only and the other one more generic for other DACs).