16x Digital interpolation filter - drive PCM56, PCM58, AD1865 and so on up to 768 kHz

I mean, what you can easily do with an FPGA is to use fixed-point numbers with whatever wordlength is required. So for a FIR, you can round the coefficients to some finite wordlength. That will result in frequency response errors (and only frequency response errors), but you can keep those as small as you like by using long enough coefficients. The multiplications and summation can then be done in full precision - if you need 71 bits for the sum, you use 71 bits, no need to round anything to some standard wordlength.

Dithering and rounding the result to the DAC wordlength will add some quantization noise, but that's inevitable.

Sorry, build still not completed yet, but I promise I will report as soon as I have the FIR in operation.

About the DF1704 / PMD100 etc. I reported elsewhere on the forum, but once I have my build finished I will compare with the FIR!
Hi jpk73, how's the performance of your FIR with AD1862 compared with others? I am using the same DAC and is looking for a good way to listen to hi res music.