dac for low frequency ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've found DACs in general fairly sensitive to their power supplies. If a DAC is using opamps on the chip the sensitivity tends to be greater than those with simple Iout. Reducing the supply impedance at lower frequencies with (for example) supercapacitors or even large numbers of ordinary 'lytics subjectively improves the bass.

Disabled Account
Joined 2015
By searching on YouTube, I made an idea that the Tda1541 is lacking bass in compared to wm8741 ,comparative listening to Philips cd players the tda1543 sounds miserable. What astonished me ,is both Revox and Magnavox equipped with 14bit tda1540 . Both brands have succeeding models with tda1541 , to compare with . I found the schematic of Revox b225 and b226 , although they have the same I/V , the fabulous bass in b226 disappears . I checked on this website , it seems I am not only one who thinks goodness of tda1540 . I did not yet made my mind, if someone tells me that by paralleling Tda1543 or1545 remarked some enhancement in bass I will then first try it out . If you have also remarked bass character of Tda1540 please provide me with more details . On wireless world May 1990 I found an article about enhancing the tda1541's I/V , may be useful also to the 14bit .

I found (on one or two portable media players I modified) that WM8741's bass depends rather a lot on the loading of its balanced outputs. The suggested circuit doesn't do justice to it - a large improvement in bass dynamics is gained by increasing the load impedance seen by the chip by twenty times or more.

I found (on one or two portable media players I modified) that WM8741's bass depends rather a lot on the loading of its balanced outputs. The suggested circuit doesn't do justice to it - a large improvement in bass dynamics is gained by increasing the load impedance seen by the chip by twenty times or more.

Interesting. Their published minimum load is 2K, so do you mean 40K? I use 10K:10K transformer now, and the bass is fine, though...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.